NO power to radiator fan. help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > NO power to radiator fan. help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
gharris54
2000 WJ 

NO power to radiator fan. help

There is no power getting to my radiator fan, the fuse is good. I know the fan works because I ran a wire from the battery to the fan and it turned on but when I put the multimeter on the power connection going into the fan motor I get nothing so why is there no power going to it??

In the hanes manuel it also mentions a relay but I could not find one that pertained to that fan, is there one and if so where is it?

If there is not a relay what might the problem be. The hanes manuel says if the fan is not getting power and the fuse is good then you have to take it to the dealer because it is a computer problem, is that true? I sure hope not because my wallet hates the stealership.

Dana35 SOLID diff cover and a lock-right locker for a Dana35 for sale
gharris54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Its probably the relay. Its located underneath the passenger side head light.

You may have an open recall for the relay. Check it out on Jeep.com

If not, I have some good used ones for sale.
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
gharris54
2000 WJ 

Im guessing I have to take off the headlight to get to the relay right?

Unread 09-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
gharris54
2000 WJ 

No worries, I fixed it. You had to take off the headlight and cut a hole in the plastic under it to get to the relay. The hanes manual did not mention that lol. It just said check the relay hahaha.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.