No power to fuel pump - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No power to fuel pump

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 04-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

No power to fuel pump

1995 5.2L 174k miles

At first I thought it was the fuel pump so I replaced the whole assembly. Well then I find that there was no voltage going to the pump (testing at the wire harness by the pump using black wire for ground and orange/black for power) There is also no pressure in the rail. The dash also says that there is no gas in the tank when I know its about half full. (Trying to be optimistic here ) Checked the relays, checked the fuses, all are fine. Any ideas on what would cause no voltage to the pump?

As a side note, I got an oil change at a Valvoline because I had a coupon and Wisconsin weather wasnt treating me well. Died at the oil change place. The guy was quick to recommend getting it fixed at a midas up the road where his buddy was the manager. Anything they could of done?

ZJNewbi3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.