no power - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > no power

Advance Adapters SYE KitsCustom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
zack-K
1995 ZJ 

no power

I cant figure this out for the life of me. My 95 Jeep grand Cherokee laredo 5.2 v8 is having random starting issues. randomly it will just not respond I turn the key and nothing,no power, no nothing sometimes when this happens the light under the hood when i open it will just barely light up, its the damnedest thing.a few times when i opened either the driver or passenger door it will start right up also often if i let it sit a few hours it will fire up without and issue. I recently had the starter replaced and that seemed to be the fix but now its happening all over again.
all i know is that it seems to happen mostly before/after it rains (not sure if that has any significance) Any input would be most helpful.

Last edited by zack-K; 08-13-2012 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: left out some info
zack-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Afdude88
1993 ZJ 

Try starting it in neutral. Almost sounds like a NSS or a sticky relay.

Ok i reread all that....that is weird. Could be a key switch or even a sticky relay to prevent power when the key is turned.
Afdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Check your battery cables on both ends. Clean, tight, and good solid connections.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1995 , electric , start problems , v8 , zj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.