No Hot heat Please help..... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No Hot heat Please help.....

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-11-2014, 01:05 PM   #31
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Blend door is closing?
what is the Blend door? And how do I check to see if it is closing?

KillaJeep4569 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #32
rlcii77
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Blend door is closing?
I agree, the blend door...

The blend door opens up to let outside air into the system... It's located in the HVAC unit behind/under the dash...

My heat in the 5.9 doesn't get scorching hot either, but it's hot enough to satisfy my passengers... Flushing the cooling system several times over the summer helped, but, there's only so much flushing the core can do...

I'll be changing the heater and EVAP cores this summer, as a preventative measure...

Sent from Lee's Samsung Galaxy Note II using JeepForum
rlcii77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #33
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Try unhooking the battery for a few minutes then hooking it back up. It will reset the auto climate controls and it may start working again. Worth a shot.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #34
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Geez ! You still havent checked the blend door ? I mentioned it in the second post.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #35
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfrog View Post
Geez ! You still havent checked the blend door ? I mentioned it in the second post.
No I did not because I didnt know where it was at first. and my AC is Cold my heat is just not hot. So I thought it was working. I will take a look at it tomm
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #36
50notch
1998 ZJ 

I had really poor heat out put from the heat in my 5.9. I flushed the heater core a few times, replaced the t stat with no change. This past weekend I replaced the heater core, a/c evap core, and all the foam on the HVAC box where the ducting connects to it. I now have blazing hot heat!

You can see all the old foam was in pretty bad shape.

I replaced the foam with new stuff I picked up at the hardware store.

Unread 01-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #37
stenny
1997 XJ Cherokee 

so was it the blend doors? i would like to know because i am having same problem!! did the blend doors fix the heat issue?
stenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #38
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

Wasnt the Blend door. Temps got to 55 today and heat worked fine. So I know my Heater Core is clogged and needs replacing.
Mechanic wants $510 dollars for labor. Which is insano. Going to wait for the summer to do this repair. Thanks for all your guys
help much appreciated.
Unread 02-03-2014, 04:10 AM   #39
herqulees
1997 ZJ 

All I can say is if it's below 30-35F outside my Jeep with 180F thermostat only blows slightly warm to completely cold air and I have to leave it on recirc to get warm-hot air. So keep that in mind but also keep in mind my Jeep runs at 180F not stock 190F. If you get warm air out when on recirculate but not on anything else that, in my opinion, tells me it's just simply too cold outside for the heater core to bring the temperature up to something hot. But it sounds like you've never properly done a cooling system flush and that it's clogged a lot of stuff up. You never even said if you actually flushed the system when you replaced all these parts or just drained it, closed the valve, and filled with new coolant. Please make sure to reply to all questions/comments someone posts on here there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here but they can't do much when you only answer half of there questions and suggestions.
To properly flush you need to drain the cooling system, fill it with store bought distilled water, run it for a minute or two, let it cool down, drain it, refilled it with radiator flush and distilled water, let it idle for at least half an hour to an hour, let it cool off, drain it, then repeatedly fill and drain the cooling system with distilled water till it is perfectly clear and finally fill with a 50/50 mix of coolant and distilled water.
I can not stress enough always wait for an engine to cool before draining its coolant, and never ever I don't care what anyone says ever put home water in a cooling system I don't care if you're only using it to flush it don't do it distilled water is $0.80 a gallon, you can get 20gallons for like $16.
herqulees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #40
KillaJeep4569
2006 WK 

System was flushed by me, but I couldnt get to the heater core, too cold out side. didnt wanna freeze up the water.
Also I didnt have a compressor to blow out the heater core. I will Just wait for the summer and replace the damn thing.
2 years I had the truck and she treated me well. hopefully I get a fwe more out of her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.