No heat on passenger side - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No heat on passenger side

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 05-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
hanxtr

No heat on passenger side

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem where there is no heat coming out of the passenger side cabin vents. Seems okay with the A/C on but not the heat. I had to deal with it in the winter time then I found this site. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hanxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
skisprinkle686
1999 WJ 

When you run your heat, does it blow cold air out of one side and heat out of the other????

If so.......I would say you've been blessed with the dreaded blend door problem
Surco Roof Rack
skisprinkle686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

A little more info about your Jeep would be nice. I.E. year, model, ETC. If you have the dual zone climate control system, it sounds like the blend door problem. Do a search of the forums using key words "blend door" and you should come up with a few threads about your problem.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
sanboy

its called 1200 bucks down the drain

200 bucks in new parts and 1000 bucks in labour ... mine went about a month ago .. going to either sell the vehicle before winter or will have to bite the bullet and pay to get it fixed..because i am not pulling my whole dash and risk the chance of me not being able to finish the job correctly

this by itself is the biggiest reasons i wish i never purchased this vehicle
Unread 05-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #5
hanxtr

Thanks folks, sorry, kind of new at this, so I forgot to say it was a 2000 limited with Dual climate control. I did find a few threads on blend air doors and yes it does have the symptoms for this. Thanks again to all for the gouge.
hanxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #6
michiganmaveric
Got Beer?

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxtr
Thanks folks, sorry, kind of new at this, so I forgot to say it was a 2000 limited with Dual climate control. I did find a few threads on blend air doors and yes it does have the symptoms for this. Thanks again to all for the gouge.
I think www.wjjeeps.com has a procedure on how to take out the dash and fix it yourself if you are mechanically inclined.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time to do it over.

Lifetime member #13

www.militaryjeepers.com lifetime member/airforce26yrs

2011 Tango/Mango JKU
michiganmaveric is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.