no heat getting cold here no luck on search - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > no heat getting cold here no luck on search

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 11-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
cekmgreen
1998 ZJ 

no heat getting cold here no luck on search

ok guys low milage 1998 zj limited 4.0..... when i got it had now blower reistor in it had a rag in the whole and a toggle switch lol got rid of all that new reistor and works good. had no heat flushed whole system and the heater core a few times good flow with the hose heat is warm when it wants to be but all the functions from feet to face to defrost work great but ac lines freeze up under hood i just noticed this morning..... its weird almost like a blend door from heat to cold now doesnt work. any help or ideas would be wonderful!!!! i have the lower part of dash still apart so i can get to things just need some insite and maybe some pics to show me what im looking at. my old 93 zj limited 4.0 had such good heat at negitive temps here not even full heat you cold roll windows down and still be hot lol

please and good help would be great just dont have the cash to throw more money into this thing for it to be a bust....

cekmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
1skrewsloose
1998 ZJ 

If I read your post correctly, you say the a/c lines freeze up??!! The a/c shouldn't be running with the heat on. Maybe I'm missing something here. If thats the issue, pull the fuse for the a/c.
1skrewsloose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
cekmgreen
1998 ZJ 

yea it runs with it on unless i cant read diagrams lol im going to look into that further in morning maybe the ac button was on idk either way no heat but heater core is flowing good running right at 210 all the time and i have pressure on the radiator lines.... also both heater core hoses are really hot and so is the box under dash where the core is located.... if that helps
Unread 11-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
cekmgreen
1998 ZJ 

ok ac lines only getting cold when you have defrost on or want it to get cold must have had it on by accident so that is good and heat is running warm but not hot.... for some reason in nov. in illinois its 74 degress today weird lol......
Unread 11-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

Since its a "new to you" Jeep you should probably flush the cooling system along with a back flush of the heater core and a new thermostat, Mopar only as most of the Stant etc arent meant for exactly 1 vehicle whereas the Mopar is.
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
bcbueller
1998 ZJ 

are you still having the same problem? i have the exact same issue and i am about to pull the fuse. is the relay the issue?
bcbueller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #7
NewbombTurk
1995 ZJ 

Could part of the problem be air pocket in cooling system? I know that your "defrost" system uses the A/C compressor to function, would this be the reason the A/C lines frost up?

Last edited by NewbombTurk; 11-27-2012 at 11:21 AM..
NewbombTurk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #8
bcbueller
1998 ZJ 

hmmmm i am going to have to go stop by a repair facility and get some proper info . i removed the relay under the hood and i have ALL my heat back . so obviously there are other issues . i will continue to seek the issue and report as i have findings
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
bcbueller
1998 ZJ 

i have now removed the complete heating system . i dismantled and removed the dash . The air box was full of pine needles arounnd the condenser . I ran my water hose through the heater core while it was out of the jeep and of course the 150 foot hose was in the shade and the sunshine so i was able to have the heater core go from hot to cold and back several times with the water on . the condenser is clean and the drain hole was not plugged . So now i have reassembled the heater box but not the dash as i want to make sure everything works before i reinstall the dash . On monday i headed to the parts store to get a few things and my top rad hose blew a crack apart at the intake on top of the motor . I just made it to the parts store so i got a new hose and installed that in the parking lot then went home . i will post pics as soon as all is well and i have the whole system re asssembled . And yet you can drive your ride with the dash out as long as you have a hose jumper to bypass the heater core .
Unread 09-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #10
bcbueller
1998 ZJ 

AAAAANNNDDD my belt was squeeling like the she hounds of hell this morning from all the coolant contamination so back to the parts store to get a new belt . No more Dayco pos belts i have gone through three of those squeeling banshees, i got an AC Delco belt this time and so far after dousing the engine with degreaser first and rinsing the hell out of the engine bay this new belt( cross my fingers) is silent and will stay that way
Unread 09-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #11
bcbueller
1998 ZJ 

i will start a new thread and take pictures of all the bolt locations and connection points as i reassemble

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.