NO heat on driver side HELP!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > NO heat on driver side HELP!!

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 12-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
wishweaver

NO heat on driver side HELP!!

Hi
I have a year 2000 Grand Cherokee Jeep 4.7 Ltr.
Recently the heating started blowing cold on the drivers side but still blows warm on the pasenger side. A few times before this happened when starting the car i could hear water gurggling from somewhere on the passenger side.Both pipes leading to the heating in the engine are hot.Before i take it to a garage and pay out a fortune maybe.could someone perhaps tell me what this may be.Trapped bubbles ?? I need it now as its starting to hit -5 here.
Many thanks

wishweaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Vestjam

2008 JK Wrangler 

I believe this problem is only with the 'Limited' WJ's, but do a search for "Blend Doors" on this site....

It sounds like what you are currently experiencing.... you will NOT be happy with what you read. If it is the blend doors, it is an expensive fix at the dealer because of the time involved to fix it.

Somebody with a WJ will be jumping in here pretty soon to confirm my thoughts...

The girgling is just some trapped air in the system. You can do a search on that also. Usually parking the vehicle on an incline (engine high) and letting the vehicle reach normal temp while the radiator cap is loose will help 'burp' the air out. Lots of other suggestions under the search also

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
4.0L/AW4, Yakima Roof Rack
Vestjam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
Turbonut

Here's some reading. You can check the codes to see what might be wrong:

http://www.wjjeeps.com/climate.htm

Chances are it's the blend doors-$1000 Merry Christmas!

Chrysler should have made an admendment to the owner's manual and sent it to all the Limited owners directing them how to check for the broken blend door.

I realize it's a serious condition, but just annoys me to no end that they manufacture an inferior part(s) designed by an engineer(s) that should be fired, then they want to charge full price for parts and labor to correct their stupid mistake.

Or is it a mistake.........They'll be selling the parts, and if the dealer does the work, more money for them. JUust like the heated seats, etc.
Turbonut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
mtcox
2001 WJ 

I just did this repair myself. I was forced into it because the $1000 at the dealer was out of the question. There is plenty of information on the site about the blend door issue. If you're comfortable with turning a lot of nuts, bolts and screws it's a reasonable repair. I think www.wjjeeps.com has the entire breakdown of the job, step by step. Lable everything and place the parts into a zip lock baggie with the corresponding step in the directions. It took me two 8 hour days to knock it out. Good luck.
Unread 12-17-2007, 06:59 PM   #5
cmonson

there is sooo much info on the this board that if you can turn a fastener and follow directions, it is easy. Give yourself a weekend to get through it though...

The alternative is the heater treater. Just search for it. THe other alternative is to make a small hole behind the glove box, and manually flip the door for a temp fix.

I know if and when I have the issue, I will most likely be purchasing the heater treater... The dual climate is a POS anyway. I have 100K miles on my 2000 WJ LTD and no issues to date with the blend doors.
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 12:09 AM   #6
Briandl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonson
The dual climate is a POS anyway. I have 100K miles on my 2000 WJ LTD and no issues to date with the blend doors.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense...
Unread 12-18-2007, 06:25 AM   #7
cmonson

Quote:
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense...
it should have been 2 separate statements. When I say it is a POS, it does NOT work well. How often do you really need to change the passenger side air, and when you do, it does not work well.

However, I do have 100K miles and to date have had no blend door issues.

Briandl, if you not contributing to the post, then don't bother posting.
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 09:48 PM   #8
magneticred
2008 WK 

Use the heater treater. It is easy to install and will fix the problem forever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...mZ270186342949
magneticred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 10:07 PM   #9
manofmany
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneticred
Use the heater treater. It is easy to install and will fix the problem forever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-...mZ270186342949
Holy crap I just looked at the list of people who have bought. He has sold over $10,000 worth of those. I wonder what the cost of production is on a set.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.