No flasher when locking..? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No flasher when locking..?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Shane7
1998 ZJ 

No flasher when locking..?

When I go to lock my doors my turn signals don't flash anymore.. any idea why? Also, when I go to lock my driver door it usually just makes a whining noise and doesn't lock. It will never unlock when it does either.

Shane7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
Treleaven
1997 ZJ 

I am interested in this. Mine has never flashed so I assumed it wasnt a feature.
Unread 11-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treleaven View Post
I am interested in this. Mine has never flashed so I assumed it wasnt a feature.
it can be turned on by the dealer. it's a function in the bcm.
automatic door locks at speed can be enabled as well.

shane7, the door lock motor is probably bad, replacing it will likely fix both issues. otherwise the dealer can check to see if the function is still on in the bcm. it's a .5hr labor charge to change features in the bcm. don't let them over charge you.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
Shane7
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
it can be turned on by the dealer. it's a function in the bcm.
automatic door locks at speed can be enabled as well.

shane7, the door lock motor is probably bad, replacing it will likely fix both issues. otherwise the dealer can check to see if the function is still on in the bcm. it's a .5hr labor charge to change features in the bcm. don't let them over charge you.
Hm, that's funny, I was having electrical issues some time ago, and I was messing around with BCM. May have been something I did, or when I had it at the dealer when my security system went nuts. I'll probably just leave it be. As for the lock motor, I may just need to get another one. My Jeep is a 98, and my driver door is off a 94. I took the wiring harness out of the 98 door and used it in this door... I may have done something wrong. I'll tear it apart eventually.
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
Nejeep

I thought a horn chirp was the only dealer programmable feature for the door lock, (no light flash) at least on a ZJ.

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

You can program flashing parking lights on WJ's, not ZJ's.
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
isenior
1997 ZJ 

no flash = problem somewhere

If the lights do not flash they are telling you there is a problem somewhere, maybe one of the doors or the tailgate did not lock, or you put the interior light on with the dash slider and left it on.

Sometimes mine chirps but mostly it doesn't.
Unread 11-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
Shane7
1998 ZJ 

Well, when I bought the damn thing they flashed. They currently do not.
Unread 11-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #9
Nejeep

The ZJ lights flash for the panic button or alarm trigger, but not lock/unlock as far as I know. Dealer can program things like horn chirp on lock, 15mph door lock, lights on with wipers, single door or all doors unlock with remote, etc.
If someone's ZJ does flash the lights its not a factory alarm.
WJs can be programmed from the VIC to flash the lights on door lock.

97 Laredo - 4.0 4x4 Daily driver for 8 years then relocated to Arizona for 6 more years with the relatives
Nejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #10
isenior
1997 ZJ 

My ZJ is stock RHD with factory alarm. The lights flash on lock / unlock. Maybe UK export ZJs were different specification?
Unread 11-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #11
MeanGreenZJ
Web Wheeler

Then your ZJ is a ZG. It could be, I know that exports even have rolling codes for their remotes. But as far as the ZJ goes there is no option to disable or enable flashing for keyless entry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isenior View Post
My ZJ is stock RHD with factory alarm. The lights flash on lock / unlock. Maybe UK export ZJs were different specification?
MeanGreenZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #12
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
your factory alarm is aslo different from american spec.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
Mickey_D
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
If the lights do not flash they are telling you there is a problem somewhere, maybe one of the doors or the tailgate did not lock, or you put the interior light on with the dash slider and left it on.

Sometimes mine chirps but mostly it doesn't.
I've owned 3 ZJ's. A 95 and two 97's. Not a single one of them ever flashed any lights arming/disarming the alarm. The 95 and my current 97 were single owners. I asked the previous owner of my current one earlier tonight to confirm and he said the same thing.

ZJ lights don't flash with the factory alarm arming/disarming. If your lights used to flash or still do, it's not a factory alarm.

I've got my original owners manual, I can take scans of it tomorrow if anyone wants.
[_][][][][][][][][_]

Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #14
ssands85
1995 ZJ 

My 95 has always flashed when locking or unlocking the doors... but I do not have the security system, so maybe that's the difference???
ssands85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 01:31 AM   #15
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Bought my 94 new. Doors lock, security light flashes, then goes out... nothing else.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.