No codes, no overdrive - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > No codes, no overdrive

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 06-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #16
Moogs3840
1997 ZJ 

The thermister is not the same design and has a different wiring harness. That's why I didn't just put the original one from the ZJ in the WJ tranny. I have decided that I will wire in another 1k resister in series to the one in already put in, that will make the resistance the computer sees almost right. As heat increases the resistance will be close. when I first wired in the 1k I was not think right so after JS97ZJ said what he said I pulled up the formula and laughed at my mistake. It may have been a blessing because when I pulled apart the over drive unit, I laid everything out in order but had to wait a few days for the output shaft to come in and during that time the wire ring, wave ring, and reaction ring got mixed up. (was apart at my work) so going back together the layout was wire ring, wave ring, and on top reaction ring. Totally wrong hahaha. So having it not engage is a good thing. At this point I know what I did wrong and will correct it this weekend. Will let you know when done.

Moogs3840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
Moogs3840
1997 ZJ 

Yesterday I added the resistor in series to the other resistor and corrected the snap rings and wave plate order. Got overdrive, works great. I will add an aux cooler to the transmission cooler flow, just as a fail safe.
Unread 07-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #18
Moogs3840
1997 ZJ 

just an update, Transmission shifts great. installed a Dana 30 front axle. 4 wheel drive works great. Very good cheap build.

Tags
42re , od , overdrive , wj , zj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.