Niner cooling system issues... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Niner cooling system issues...

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
worsrider4047
1998 ZJ 

Niner cooling system issues...

Started noticing that i was overheating about a week ago, it was intermittent so i thought it was the thermostat, so i replaced it, and it still continued. i did the paperclip jump and found that both relays work as well as the fan. but while driving i never heard the high speed fan kick in, only low. figured it must have been the high speed switch, while unplugging the clip i noticed the inside was all corroded and pretty much nothing left, figured that was it, wrong again
so today on my way home i noticed that it got warmer then it has in the past so i did the paper clip thing again and the low speed fan wont kick in but i can hear the relay click, high speed works fine
i got the new high speed switch so im gonna do that as soon as it cools downs but as for the low speed could it be the motor?
if so where do i get that at, no parts stores around here have no...

Thanks in advance for the much needed help

worsrider4047 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
KJK
1998 ZJ 

See this thread. Go to post#13 and then #19 and on. That's where the good stuff is!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.