JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Night Crew Questions!?? Thanks! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/night-crew-questions-thanks-840845/)

thaBrad 08-19-2009 09:20 PM

Night Crew Questions!?? Thanks!

4 Attachment(s)
Asking ya'll owls to hopefully get answers quickly. Tomorrow I'm going to Colts preseason, 2nd row behind visitors bench! (Eagles with no Vick) So I wanna check some things before the 100 mile trek R.T.

I was straighting my steering wheel and checked my tracking. I'm off 1/4"-3/8". What causes that? It was dead on when I put the adj track on. Would it be the top CA on the pumpkin having alot of side to side play it looks like? The difference is to the right side! Picture below.

Attachment 83480

And I measured from inner tire to frame by sway links. Pic below.

Attachment 83481

Thirdly, I think I have a axle seal leak. Agreed?

Left Axle

Attachment 83482

Right Axle

Attachment 83483

Thanks guys! I'm passing out from long day & night! Greatly appreciated!!:thumbsup::cheers2:

trailblaze 08-19-2009 09:44 PM

nightcrew?? wha??

nice leaky axle!! those are fun to fix. i agree with your call on that one!

stupid question but was the jeep on the ground when you put the adj trac bar on?

Redbob 08-19-2009 09:51 PM

Could you have overfilled the axle with lube?
That'll make a leak no matter how good your seals are.

SDT03GCOverland 08-19-2009 10:26 PM

Hard to tell, exactly but is that upper trac-bar end centered in the mounting bracket (bushing in relation to the bolt going through it) in the first pic? It appears to be shifted outboard approximately 1/4-3/8 inch in relation to the bolt in that pic. I had a similar issue with mine. When I tightened mine, my kids had been playing with my torque wrench and I did not realize it was not tight enough. My axle shifted in similar fashion. I re-centered and re-torqued to spec and problem solved.

http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...y71/JFHelp.jpg

gatorayde 08-19-2009 10:29 PM

The control arm looks normal. Those are pretty bad axle seal leaks, I hope gear lube doesn't do any damage to tires :dunno: And more reason to do a d44a swap :p

thaBrad 08-20-2009 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trailblaze (Post 7785378)
nightcrew?? wha??

nice leaky axle!! those are fun to fix. i agree with your call on that one!

stupid question but was the jeep on the ground when you put the adj trac bar on?

Yes the Jeep was on the ground, and axle centered when I put it on. But thats been almost 2 months ago and I've wheeled a few times since that.

j.love 08-20-2009 06:59 AM

Did your springs settle in and you lost a little lift? That will make the axle shift over a bit.

tennesseewj 08-20-2009 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaBrad (Post 7785263)

My driver side upper CA looks off-center like that too, I was wondering if that was normal. :laugh:

thaBrad 08-20-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennesseewj (Post 7786599)
My driver side upper CA looks off-center like that too, I was wondering if that was normal. :laugh:

I'm thinking I need to change it to the Johnny Joint bushing.

So I did it right though with having the Jeep on its tires and not in the air to do the track bar right?!

318jeepcherokee 08-20-2009 12:15 PM

yep you need some axle seals, tho's axle seals are fun... i did them on my dads 01 WJ..

connor.

j.love 08-20-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaBrad (Post 7787987)

So I did it right though with having the Jeep on its tires and not in the air to do the track bar right?!

Yep you did it right.

Did you take measurements of your lift, hub to fender, when you first installed it? I bet your springs have settled in and now your axle is off a bit.

thaBrad 08-24-2009 07:42 AM

I measured tire to frame at top of tire where it was straight over to frame. Check it again this weekend and it was fine?!! I'll keep checking it?!! WTF

The time now is 09:53 AM.