Newbie Question - Any Idea When Current Model Will Get Redesign? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Newbie Question - Any Idea When Current Model Will Get Redesign?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-11-2003, 07:53 PM   #1
jeeper82

Newbie Question - Any Idea When Current Model Will Get Redesign?

Hello folks. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Anyway... does anyone know when the current generation Grand Cherokee will be redesigned and anyone have any previews of that design? I'm searching for a new car to buy next year when I graduate school and I've always loved Jeeps.

Thanks for your help.

jeeper82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2003, 07:54 PM   #2
jeeper82

Oh... and if you have specs on that vesion that would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks.
Unread 02-11-2003, 08:15 PM   #3
MilanJeep

Yeah 2005 is when they stop the WJ and start the WK, with IFS

Milan
MilanJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2003, 08:56 PM   #4
jeeper82

Any pictures yet?
Unread 02-11-2003, 09:42 PM   #5
Beachead19

To hell with IFS!!!!
Kolak Ignition
-----------------------------------------
Beachead19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2003, 10:55 PM   #6
ZJGuido
1998 ZJ 

yeah. check out wjjeeps.com, there u'll find pics and info. on everything u want to know, from body changes to available options post dating to 2006. Thats where i found out that the WJ's now come with a Nav. system built into the radio. Awesome!!!! Be sure to read up on it, its got some interesting features. Also they finally put in round fog lights something i always wanted my ZJ to have. Have fun with all the input

P.S. I believe IFS and Jeep are oxymorones. Those two words cant be put together, but, on the other hand, i think Jeep should offer IFS as an option to the customer in order to boost sales and keep everyone happy.

Last edited by ZJGuido; 02-12-2003 at 10:59 PM..
ZJGuido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2003, 02:17 AM   #7
demtjcj

its bad enough that the kj has ifs, i cant belive that they are going to change the gc to it. is there acctually a benefit from solid axle to ifs

1977 full size cherokee-401 v8, quadratrac dana 44s

prev. jeeps: 98TJ on 33s, 00TJ on 35s, 01TJ on 35s, 78CJ on 31s, 85XJ stock, 94ZJ stock, 97 TJ on 35s, 03 on 35s, 93 GC on 33s
demtjcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2003, 05:12 AM   #8
blackbelt
2008 JK Wrangler 

It's a ride issue. DC is in the business of selling vehicles, and the SUV customers(especially higher end like the GC) are mostly a bunch of yuppies who want a 'smooth ride" . Example....my boss leases a vehicle every 2 years. He had a jimmy and i talked him into a GC. He had zero problems with his GC, but when it came time to get a new vehicle in december, he leased a damn exploder. IRS...better ride he says. Since the vast majority of these are not taken off road, this is the direction they are heading in. The 'yuppification' of jeep continues. I am still pissed that they discontinued the cherokee.
Dave
2006 Scion xB
1987 VW Wolfsburg Cabriloet
1969 SAAB 96 V4
blackbelt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2003, 11:16 AM   #9
vngdh

Live Axle -vs- IFS debate

You know...

I thought a live axple would have a harsher ride than an IFS, however I have read and observed that F.O.R.D. Explorers have an IFS, but many people who have driven/ridden in them compare their ride as truckish compared to a ZJ with Live Axle? (One of my friends in the sailing club has one of those .. and I do agree it feels more like a chariot lol)

I have seen many explorers have to slow down to 25 mph to cross some railroad tracks here in town (they need some repair!) whereas I don't have any problems slipping past them at 50 (speed limit it 45).

I had thought a IFS would soften the ride, but how can an Explorer with IFS have a harsher ride than.. oh wait.. I think I answered my own question

-Dan

PS I certainly don't think my ZJ has a rough ride, may need to tune it up some to combat body roll when swinging into onramps @50 mph

Mods: K&N GenII Ram Air, Helix Powertower

Future Mods: HID level I High & Low beam, Larger Rims (undecided), Kenne Bell Supercharger (screw-type) with water injection kit (to prevent pre-detonation).
vngdh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2003, 11:46 AM   #10
Invisible

Yeah, my mom owns an Explorer and I have an XJ. My dad swears that my XJ rides a lot better than the Explorer That has to mean something. Plus, my GF's ZJ rides like a dream to me. I wish all my vehicles rode as well as it does.
Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2003, 01:06 PM   #11
kbohip

IFS for 2005. Thanks Mercedes .
kbohip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2003, 01:14 PM   #12
91XJLimited

How many GC's do you really see off-road, 2% of all of them? Your right, IFS sucks. But DC doesn't really care to keep things the same, so the 2% of people who DO go off-road with their GC's can do so. IMHO, I think the GC is too big to do anything extreme enough that an IFS couldn't handle.

94 ZJ 5.2 Limited - 6.5" Teraflex lift, Clayton Long Arms, disconnects, 37x12.50 SSR's, Hummer Beadlocks, and more good stuff

[SIZE=4][URL=http://www.geocities.com/lovaboy1599/My_Jeeps.html][color=red]MY JEEPS[/color][/URL][/size]
91XJLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2003, 01:22 PM   #13
Invisible

Personally I think that lifted GC's look cool. Mine will get an econo lift soon, but it was so expensive that I don't want to screw it up by hitting something off road. If DC really wants to make GC's IFS let 'em. Then maybe when nobody's buying them they'll figure out what they screwed up. Think about it, The Libby's are cool trucks but how many of them do you see off road? How many do you see sitting on the lot? I'm not flaming you if you have a KJ, just simply stating that they don't seem to sell very well (in my area at least). And that very well may be b/c they have IFS.
Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2003, 05:24 AM   #14
TroyBoyM
whatever

Here's some more info on the future models. IFS???
TroyBoyM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2003, 11:36 AM   #15
kbohip

Quote:
Originally posted by TroyBoyM

Here's some more info on the future models. IFS???
I REALLY hope that's not what the new JGC looks like .
kbohip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.