Newbie.. Electric probelm? Gauges gone nuts! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Newbie.. Electric probelm? Gauges gone nuts!

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 05-08-2004, 05:43 PM   #1
dillybugs

Newbie.. Electric probelm? Gauges gone nuts!

Was hoping someone has heard of this or may know what the problem could be...

Today my (Grand Cherokee 1999, 85,000 miles) wouldn't start when I put my keys in it. I didn't even get the click sound or any chimes. Then all my gauges went in circles then stopped and went forward again.. it was weird!

Then I tried my keyless entry switch and nothing, it was like all my power was gone. After trying the foot on the brake, putting the car in Neautral and a few other odd thing. The car finally statred but i heard this clicking sound every 6 - 10 seconds that sounded like it was in my dash.

Once i got home I turned it off and had the same problem when i tried to restart it. Now this is the original battery, and i was thinking this may be the problem, maybe something with the alarm too.

ANY HELP IN THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED....THANKS

dillybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2004, 05:56 PM   #2
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

Take a new battery and call me in the morning...

I recommend the Optima yellow top.

Clicky

Unread 05-08-2004, 06:36 PM   #3
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

Warren's right Many batteries will last 5-6 years, but many will not. If you experience electrical problems and your battery is at least four years old; toss it in the bin. Itís not wasted money because soon enough you will need it.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.