Newbie - Buying an GC and need some advice - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-28-2003, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
monkeyboylawyer

Newbie - Buying an GC and need some advice

Hello. I am a new member. I just left the Corvertteforum after selling my 1996 convertible.

I am looking at a 2002 Overland with about 14k miles. I looks to be in great shape. And I have heard many good things about them.

Can anyone give me advice about these Jeeps? Good and bad points would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-28-2003, 09:05 AM
ccyoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboylawyer
Hello. I am a new member. I just left the Corvertteforum after selling my 1996 convertible.

I am looking at a 2002 Overland with about 14k miles. I looks to be in great shape. And I have heard many good things about them.

Can anyone give me advice about these Jeeps? Good and bad points would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. The most chronic problems that I've heard about JGC in general are that the brakes and rotors need frequent replacement, and I've heard of many transfer case/transmission problems. I've only had my jeep for 1 month, and no problem so far, so who knows.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-28-2003, 03:51 PM
madmanfrommars

The overland is an awesome car. My dad has an 02 overland. I love that car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

As far as I know, I'm the only person to own a flame red liberty with the light bar, and until someone disproves that to me, I'm going to enjoy it.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-28-2003, 05:32 PM
BostonBull
2004 WJ 

Madman its a JEEP not a car!!!!

The Overland is great I have never heard of any complaints!!! As far as the rtors go theres a TSB out on them already so no worries there!!

Good luck youll love the HO V-8 too!!

Wicked Pissah

post #5 of 5 Old 10-28-2003, 08:52 PM
madmanfrommars

Oh excuese me...

I'd imagine the Regular v-8 is good too, considering the current one has 25 more hp then my 5.2 litre v8.

As far as I know, I'm the only person to own a flame red liberty with the light bar, and until someone disproves that to me, I'm going to enjoy it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.