Newbie - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Newbie

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 11-28-2002, 09:49 PM   #1
iceman6533
1999 TJ Wrangler 

What's up everybody,

I guess I'm the new guy here. I'm 17 and have a '96 Grand Cherokee Laredo in that dark purple color with black leather interior. I got it about 3-4 months ago, and after a month it crapped out on me. Well come to find out it had the original fuel filter on it with 126k miles. Oh by the way it has the 4.0 L I6. They put a remanufactured engine in it, and now has 129k miles on it. But i just wanted to come in, introduce myself, and see if there is anything I need to know about my Jeep or anything I need to look at for with this many miles on it.

Thanks guys (and girls if there are any)

Casey

iceman6533 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2002, 10:24 AM   #2
ddoffroad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome aboard dude! That sucks about the filter deal. Have you checked all other filters and pumps? The other owner may have said he took great care of it, but you should double check EVERYTHING!!! Definately tune that baby up. Replace the plugs and wires, even the Distributor. If you do some offroading and need some more HP, K&N the thing and that should give you an extra 10-15hp.

Down & Dirty Offroad: http://ddoffroad.com/
My XJ site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2488225/
My Old XJ Site: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058746
ddoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2002, 11:58 AM   #3
Lennyd69

Hi if you send me your vin number I'll run an option list on it and that will tell you everthing your jeep came with new like what diffs you have the gear ratio and things like that. Just send it to lennyd96@aol.com
Thanks
lenny
Lennyd69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2002, 04:34 PM   #4
iceman6533
1999 TJ Wrangler 

im not feeling good right now so ill get that vin # later

but its only a 2wd sonim not doin any offroading in it but i was thinkin about the k&n fipk for helping out the gas mileage

but when they replace the motor they replaced everything, from the radiator, water pump, and even had to replace a wheel bearing

but thanks for the help guys, i appreciate it
iceman6533 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.