Newb Budget Lifts/Tire Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Newb Budget Lifts/Tire Help

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 07-21-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
wjinferno
1999 WJ 

Newb Budget Lifts/Tire Help

So I recently got a 1999 WJ a few months ago and love finally having an awesome suv. I am about to order some new tires for it and figure why not get a cheap budget lift for it as well.

My Jeeps gonna be a 80% daily driver, but there will be days when I'll rip it off road here and there. Also, being in New England I figure being a little higher and getting some bigger tires will help me out in the winter since I'm an on call firefighter and will be going through a lot of storms pretty fast to get to my station.

My question finally is, in your opinions, what is the best budget lift I can get. I've been researching and I've found 2" spacers from Rocky Mt., 2" spacers from Skyjacker, 2.5" Teraflex's, and some Skyjacker 2-3" Shocks. I want to get the highest I can get so I can throw in some pretty big tires, so my question is which one would be the best for me. Would the spacers boost me up higher than some cheap Skyjacker shocks? or vise versa? And i plan on spending around $150-175 tops hopefully.

Also, anyone know the difference between Dueler A/T Revo's and the new Revo 2's. Im getting the Revo 2's for the same price and didnt know if anyone have used them yet.

If anyone has some advice it would be greatly appreciated, these are a lot of questions but I am new to all this. Thanks alot.

wjinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Skyjacker shocks are crap. 2.5" is the highest BB you should go and all the spacers are basically the same.
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
wjinferno
1999 WJ 

So, from reading almost everything on the forum I'm gonna buy a set of 2" or 2.5" spacers. Is a pair of shocks necessary with these? I've read mixed opinions. Companies say you can use your own, but Jeep owners say to buy new ones cause of the length of the shock. Also, since I'm primarily a daily driver, what shock would be best in your opinion. I'm looking for a cheap one. If skyjackers are bad would black diamond, re, or rough country be better?

Any idea if a set from Autozone or Napa will do the job? I found these any opinion?

Shock - NAPA Response

Gabriel Pro Guard / Shock/Strut - Front
wjinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

If you get Rough Country buy the Nitro and not the Hydro. that's my only input.
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
WJRON351
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjinferno View Post
So, from reading almost everything on the forum I'm gonna buy a set of 2" or 2.5" spacers. Is a pair of shocks necessary with these?
i have the same question. i'm gonna buy the same set can i keep stock shocks?
WJRON351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

It is not necessary but highly recommended because your stock shocks will be overextending and will were out quickly.

Black diamonds are hard to get now, on back order for like a month so you will have to wait. Mine rode good but there lengths are not correct. The 2" lift shocks are for a stock height vehicle.

Now I have skyjacker fronts with still black diamond rears. The skyjackers have rode decent. Not that great but for 60 dollars, I can't complain.

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
WJRON351
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
It is not necessary but highly recommended because your stock shocks will be overextending and will were out quickly.

Black diamonds are hard to get now, on back order for like a month so you will have to wait. Mine rode good but there lengths are not correct. The 2" lift shocks are for a stock height vehicle.

Now I have skyjacker fronts with still black diamond rears. The skyjackers have rode decent. Not that great but for 60 dollars, I can't complain.
Thank you, i'll order shocks then.
WJRON351 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.