NEWB 2" lift question: spring lift vs bb lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > NEWB 2" lift question: spring lift vs bb lift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
squiretdi
1998 ZJ 

NEWB 2" lift question: spring lift vs bb lift

Alright, i'm looking for 2-3" of lift and to me there seems to be something wrong with using poly/aluminum blocks to lift my zj. so I have been searching for a 2-3" spring lift, and have only found the one that is sold by fat bob's garage:

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/_jeep...998-p7911.aspx

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/_jeep...998-p7551.aspx

I say that I prefer full suspension lift, because I am currently used to lowering cars and lifting an suv with a full suspenion of shocks and springs makes more sense to me. I understand that it is more expensive, but as with my summer fun car

i understand having to pay to play....

the goal is to have a nice looking zj with offroad capability when i want it but is comfortable enough to drive for a good distance and do some light towing or parts hauling

i guess i'm looking for suggestions of other companies that make similar lifts or opinions on the kits listed above

squiretdi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
94yj03wj
2003 WJ 

Check out Iron Rock Offroad, the last I checked the smallest complete lift they had for a zj was 4.5". Bds also has a few kits but I would go with their 4.5 since their 3" kit doesn't seem complete. I know you said you were only looking for 2-3" of lift but so was I utill I decided on a 4" lift from bds and couldn't be happier with it. They say no just stops with a budget boost so you mine as well skip to the next step.
2003 WJ Laredo 4.0 I6 with Selec-Trac, 4” BDS lift with 32” Goodyear wrangler Duratracs, KC Slimlites mounted on Kevin’s Offroad Light Bar, Rusty’s Recovery Hooks and T-Case Skid, Midland CB,(Daily Driver)
1994 YJ With 30” Interco TSLs (Project Jeep)
94yj03wj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
marcua56
1998 ZJ 

Check out Iron Rock Offroads 3.5 inch lifts http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=PFZ

This sounds right up your ally and you want a really good ride do the bilstien upgrade. This lift takes your front coils and moves them to the rear and the new coils in the kit replace the fronts. The adjustable trac bar is a good idea at 3 inches. A rear adjustable trac is a good idea but not a must if moneys tight. Oh and sway bar end links are a must at 3 inches, get quick disconnects if you plan to really flex it out often. Hope this helps
marcua56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
squiretdi
1998 ZJ 

I was looking at iron rock offroad, and wondered if these could replace the factory front springs to be put in the rear....

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merch...egory_Code=ZSC
squiretdi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
marcua56
1998 ZJ 

I would assume so if now look for a upcountry from a parts store
marcua56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.