The New WK Crew - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > The New WK Crew

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-31-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
mr_user

The New WK Crew

I was just browsing around the WK forums at JU tonight, and came to realize the world of difference between them and say us, or the TJ forum. Seems as though Jeep has lost its appeal from the backyard grease monkeys, to the typical upper class crowd who doesn't know a phillips from a flathead.

I mean no biggie really, but it seems a bit dissapointing. These two threads were on the first page. Tell me what you guys think.

http://65.42.106.152/forums/showthread.php?t=643874

http://65.42.106.152/forums/showthread.php?t=636568

What do y'all think?

Matt

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
soldierguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

You're right...there is a big difference between the JU forums and here...JU has a WK specific forum and this site doesn't. Plus since the WK was just introduced less than a year ago, there's not much out there in terms of aftermarket mods to toy with, so yeah, the discussion there is going to be considerably tamer than over here.

But some of us WK owners know the difference between a phillips and a flathead, plus quite a bit more.

Mine is brand new...don't really want to go digging around inside it until I've got some miles on it, I'm closer to the end of the warranty, and closer to having it paid off. Rest assured...as soon as I can I'll have mine lifted and out on the trails, and I'll probably be posting about breaking all kinds of stuff on it.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
2008 MV Agusta Brutale 910S
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2005, 10:02 PM   #3
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

I love the pic posted in that second thread

-Ryan
Unread 06-01-2005, 08:40 AM   #4
HemiWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfelner
I was just browsing around the WK forums at JU tonight, and came to realize the world of difference between them and say us, or the TJ forum. Seems as though Jeep has lost its appeal from the backyard grease monkeys, to the typical upper class crowd who doesn't know a phillips from a flathead...What do y'all think?

Matt
I was among the earliest WK owner posters in this forum and initially got comments like:

"...it's the worst thing Jeep every did..."

"...it looks like a Dodge Durango"

"...it's just another Soccer Mom Bama Benz"

So yes there is a distinct difference between this forum and JU - this one has a few members that just need to walk a little more upright so their knuckles don't scrape on the ground!

However, in spite of probably being a member of the upper class crowd, I usually end up a weekend or so a month with a little grease under my fingernails.
HemiWay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #5
ercrmr

I never thought I'd see the words Jeep and aerodynamics in the same sentence. Jeeps suck on gas mileage if that bothers people they need a station wagon.
ercrmr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2005, 06:12 PM   #6
mr_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy
You're right...there is a big difference between the JU forums and here...JU has a WK specific forum and this site doesn't. Plus since the WK was just introduced less than a year ago, there's not much out there in terms of aftermarket mods to toy with, so yeah, the discussion there is going to be considerably tamer than over here.

But some of us WK owners know the difference between a phillips and a flathead, plus quite a bit more.

Mine is brand new...don't really want to go digging around inside it until I've got some miles on it, I'm closer to the end of the warranty, and closer to having it paid off. Rest assured...as soon as I can I'll have mine lifted and out on the trails, and I'll probably be posting about breaking all kinds of stuff on it.

Soldier,

I did not mean to make a blanket stereotypical statement that each WK owner was an mechanically incompetent "country-club" type, so my apoligies if it came out that way.

Oh, and keep us updated on that lift!

Matt

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #7
soldierguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattfelner
Soldier,

I did not mean to make a blanket stereotypical statement that each WK owner was an mechanically incompetent "country-club" type, so my apoligies if it came out that way.

Oh, and keep us updated on that lift!

Matt
I knew what you meant...no worries at all!

I agree that the posts on JU are kinda tame right now, but that's ok. Each board that I go to has its own personality, so I go to different boards for different reasons. This board is VERY heavy in ZJ & WJ owners...I read a lot of the posts just to get a feel for what different people have done to and with their Jeeps...helps give me ideas for what I might want to do with mine in the future. Plus, by reading at this and other forums, I've learned a lot about all kinds of different vehicles, the good things about them, the bad things about them, etc.

I'm a vehicle nut...love driving them, talking about them, reading about them, hearing what others have to say about them...all different makes and models. It's all good. I'm here and on other boards because I enjoy almost all types of vehicles.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
2008 MV Agusta Brutale 910S
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #8
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

soldierguy,

being a mod, I'm counting on your input for the WKs.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2005, 09:48 AM   #9
jleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy

You mean plus or minus?

I just got my WK, traded in my 04 Liberty for it
jleigh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.