new tire time - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > new tire time

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 02-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #31
melk
1996 ZJ 

I run 30" Puma's and I love them. Wearing very well after 35k miles so far. I run em high on the street about 40 psi just to keep fuel economy relatively decent and take em down to about 15 offroad. No complaints.

melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #32
clmohn195
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyB View Post

Between the two, the grabbers. Retreads scare me.
Also look around locally. You may be able to find a nice off brand tire cheaper than you can get them at work with your discount. I bought some Trailmark M and S's 3 or 4 years ago in a 235 75 15 for a little over $220.00 for 4. I loved those tires!
That ant bad
clmohn195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #33
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

that was also 3-4 years ago... prices for all the local places to get 4 tires for anywhere near that you gotta get used... and i am only good on buying used if i get them as a set from someone who bought them all new (and since i want 5 this creates a small problem)

anyway i went to my wal-mart to get dog food and check and see if they had the grabbers in stock (didn't expect them too since they only seem to stock ATs in larger sizes and mostly just BFGs, Duelers, and Wrangler Authority... in my size all they keep in stock are street tires and some nexen MTs) they didn't, was going to have them order them but their ordering system didn't have the AT2s so i'll have to order them from the website

i'll place my order tomorrow so i can give myself a little more time to decide on which ones i'm buying
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #34
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

well wonderful... hit by the backup funding limit on my paypal debit card...

so that gives me another day or two to decide while i wait for pending transactions (i'd rather wait and get my piddly 1% cash back than use my debit card from the bank and get nothing) to clear off

that said i'll toss another tire into the list of what i'm looking at... Hankook Dynapro ATM... someone mention them to me and i've been reading quite a bit of good about them and the price is about the same as the grabbers

anyone who has run both? how do they compare?
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.