New Owner help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New Owner help

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 10-03-2006, 08:22 PM   #1
revo1059

New Owner help

Ok, just picked up a 00 GC Limited with 120k on the ODO for a winter car. Just had rear diff rebuilt, what else should I keep an eye out for. So far, this vehicle has NO leaks on any kind and seems to run OK. All of the gadgets seem to be working. Looking to find the common issues/problem with this vehicle.

Also, are there any interesting mods that I can do without spending lots o' $ (NO plans to off-road). I know very little about GC's and am just trying to get my feet wet learing about them.

revo1059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
dpthomasjr

congrats on the new purchase. i have a 99 with 105k. i have replace all fluids many times.
THings i have replaced.
oil pressure sender
rear output shaft seal (leak)
transfer case grommet on top of case. (leak)
fuel pump/relay
cooling fan/relay
nothing major.

As far as basic mods. Maybe the rear addco sway bar to help reduce the "body roll" on turns.
1999 WJ Grand Cherokee Limited
dpthomasjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
micifus
Original GC'er

1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo1059
Ok, just picked up a 00 GC Limited with 120k on the ODO for a winter car. Just had rear diff rebuilt, what else should I keep an eye out for. So far, this vehicle has NO leaks on any kind and seems to run OK. All of the gadgets seem to be working. Looking to find the common issues/problem with this vehicle.

Also, are there any interesting mods that I can do without spending lots o' $ (NO plans to off-road). I know very little about GC's and am just trying to get my feet wet learing about them.

Keep up on all the fluids and use the right ones, doesnt hurt to ask here first before doing and sort of preventative maintance/fixing. Crawl under your jeep once a month and watch for for fluids leaking odd noises. Welcome BTW there is more info here then you will ever need.

1970 Jeepster Commando 225 V6
32"x11.5" BFG A/T
4" Lift

"For every one thing I fix two things break"
micifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #4
GrandchampWJ02
2006 WK 

You might want to start reading www.wjjeeps.com too. That site has more about the vehicle as a whole including part #'s for most things than you will find anywhere else. I spent hours poking around that site when I first got my WJ.

My Cheap mod suggestion: 2" Budget Boost will run you around $100 and its easy to install. Get 2" higher without breaking the bank and keep suspension stock. I know you said you won't be going offroad but it makes the WJ look so much better than stock.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #36
Previous Jeeps:
'02 Black WJ Laredo 4.7, '96 Cherokee Classic Moss Green
GrandchampWJ02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.