New old 242J installation. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New old 242J installation.

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 12-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
Gran_Paradiso
2014 Overland HEMI

2014 WK 

New old 242J installation.

I have a 1997 JGC Larado 4.0L I've had since new (150K). I have this whine that irritates the heck out me. I'm pretty sure its the Tcase since I can change the pitch of the whine by putting pressure on the 4wd selector. Its a Selec-Trac.

My question is that I found online locally someone who has a 242J for sale out of a 1994 JGC 4.0L for $100. Can I assume these will swap fit properly without any modifications? I would have to pay a shop to put it for me since I don't have the tools or the time to do it myself.

Thanks for you advice

Gran_Paradiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
Jeepfordan
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Read the transfer case swap thread in the stickies. It will answer all of your questions
1998 XJ- 4.0/AX-15/231- DD until grad school is over. Then back to the trails
Jeepfordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #3
Gran_Paradiso
2014 Overland HEMI

2014 WK 

Sorry about that, I didn't see them. The stickies get a little harder to find when using the smartphone app. I'll look at them on my laptop.
Gran_Paradiso is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.