new jeep owner very frusturated - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > new jeep owner very frusturated

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 05-19-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
turnerjc03

new jeep owner very frusturated

Hi i am very new to jeeps and so far i am extreamly happy with it. the only problem that i have is that the jeeps power control module is malfuctioning. i am told that it needs a new PCM. so far inorder to get back and forth to work is to take the negative battery cables off the jeep and let it set then place the battery cables back on and it starts up. it is starting to become frusturating because i cant afford to buy a brand new one and i was told that you have to have the used ones programmed with the vin number. can you guys offer any suggestions or maybe tell me if anyone else has experienced this.
thanks

turnerjc03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
dels383ta
1996 ZJ 

dont see why you would have to get it programed,as long as it is for the same model,and year,with the same engine and drive line.I never heard of having to reprogram unless you want to change the peramiters that it is sending to the components that it controls,to get more power or somethng to that effect.
dels383ta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
BucYouUp68
2013 JK Wrangler 

What Year Jeep, and is it throwing Codes?

Not hard, if you have a socket wrench and the mental capacity of a ham sandwich.
BucYouUp68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
turnerjc03

jeep is a 1995 dont know about codes going to have it put on the computer tomorrow it s a4.0 liter and automatic
turnerjc03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #5
BucYouUp68
2013 JK Wrangler 

Check Engine Light On?

Not hard, if you have a socket wrench and the mental capacity of a ham sandwich.
BucYouUp68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

is this a candidate for the "backing out screw" mod?
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
jeepheller98
1998 ZJ 

what is that?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.