New Intake For My 4.0. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New Intake For My 4.0.

Advance Adapters SYE Kits** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #16
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by the88thpianoman View Post
I would try to find some way around using the dryer hose stuff. See if you can replace that section at the throttle body with a solid 90* bend of PVC or even rubber.

should of looked at homedepo for PVC, cheaper and dose not take as much hot air in as what your running and once you put a good coat of the seal on its good for life. but if you like the sliver and blue look its your jeep make it look like what you want.

if you look hard enough can find a used system or could of bought the tube from Airraid.

I am in Brooklyn, were you located in queens?
I know in NYC we don't have access to "trails like you country boys do" but it rains allot so with the way your tube is becarful to not give your engine a drink

straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 02:00 AM   #17
jeepheller98
1998 ZJ 

i still beleive i have the most true COLD/ram air intake and its 4"...

but good job on not spending a stupid $300 on a k&n its all about using what ya got
also i have the same filter as you .. cept i can go hood deep in rivers (and have done it)
Unread 09-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #18
straty1987

you do have a true COLD/ram air intake but its only 4" up till the filter then it goes to 2".

as for the "stupid $300 on a k&n" if you look around you can find a deal. I purchases a used in great shape for my 4.7 that came with the original K&N set, a second filters, and a COLD/ram air intake like yours but it has a flex tube that goes behind the grill and is not noticeable for $150.

on eBay a few weeks back there was a K&N for the I6 in good shape only went to $162. you can also buy a tube from Airraid or make it via PVC pipe and get a good filter will only cost you about $120 buying everything. the K&N filters are good but the AMSOIL ones are much better keeps more dirt out and are bigger.

but doing the air intake with or with a "true" COLD/ram air intake is just to get little bit more power or to have the sound.
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #19
Tbirdbassist
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
you do have a true COLD/ram air intake but its only 4" up till the filter then it goes to 2".

as for the "stupid $300 on a k&n" if you look around you can find a deal. I purchases a used in great shape for my 4.7 that came with the original K&N set, a second filters, and a COLD/ram air intake like yours but it has a flex tube that goes behind the grill and is not noticeable for $150.

on eBay a few weeks back there was a K&N for the I6 in good shape only went to $162. you can also buy a tube from Airraid or make it via PVC pipe and get a good filter will only cost you about $120 buying everything. the K&N filters are good but the AMSOIL ones are much better keeps more dirt out and are bigger.

but doing the air intake with or with a "true" COLD/ram air intake is just to get little bit more power or to have the sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by straty1987 View Post
should of looked at homedepo for PVC, cheaper and dose not take as much hot air in as what your running and once you put a good coat of the seal on its good for life. but if you like the sliver and blue look its your jeep make it look like what you want.

if you look hard enough can find a used system or could of bought the tube from Airraid.

I am in Brooklyn, were you located in queens?
I know in NYC we don't have access to "trails like you country boys do" but it rains allot so with the way your tube is becarful to not give your engine a drink
I took a trip to the plumbing area of home depot and got a 90* PVC piper, insulation and tape. Reinstalled last night around 3am and took it for a 15 minute run. Went WOT a couple times and did some rolling "launches". It seems to have picked up a tiny bit more. When I got back home I felt the outside of the now insulated tube and it wasn't nearly as warm as the rest of the engine.

Id say it was a good experiment. I didn't think it would do anything at all. Ill put pics up later.
Tbirdbassist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #20
rugermack
1995 ZJ 

You could have just went to the automotive store instead,
95' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, 148k, 5.2, NP242, 46RH, 4" RC lift, all new adjustable ca's(2 IRO front uppers and the rest RC adjustables), nitro shocks, JKS TB's, Jet Chip, Dynamax cat back, Magnaflow cat, GTP hood vents. 31" Pro Comps with Rock Krawler "D"s. Westin brush/grill guard with Hella 500s, 411's, Solid diff covers, detroit locker rear, power lock in front, SYE and Tom Wood's front/rear shafts, RE discos, BPE's, d-rings front and back, factory tc and rad skid, hitch, Sliders next.
03' Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, (wifes Jeep) 99k, 4.7 5 speed auto, K&N, KYB shocks, drilled-slotted rotors, All the toys.
2000' Ford Superduty, F250, 7.3, 198K, 37's, too much to list.

Built Not Bought #257

Parts for sale d30 and d35 parts http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/...-parts-1004499
rugermack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.