New headlamp assembly install broke adjuster - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New headlamp assembly install broke adjuster

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #16
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

So I got my new lamps tonight and installed them. All I did was I took a hacksaw and made the grooves in the clips longer then with a bit of sanding I got em in and adjusted properly and man what a difference.

Unread 05-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #17
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

OMG with the proper alignment the new cheap headlights are surprising better than the stock ones.
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #18
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Glad you were able to get them installed w/o breaking anything and wondered if cutting the slots down on the sockets worked. Mine are a whole lot brighter too and a world of difference! I need to do some tweaking on the adjustments since there isn't even have a flat surface here or can get far enough away from the house to shine them on.

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #19
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Just replaced my passenger headlamp last nite. Removed the old one without breaking any clips and installed the new one without any breakage. Now I have spare clips.

The SECRET:

Remove the side marker and parking lamp assemblies. This will give you room to work. Then warm the clips with a heat gun. Use low, don't melt them. When removing, do one at a time and use a pry bar gently while applying heat until they just pop off. Same with installation but press gently.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #20
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

A real good tip HighLonesome I'll pass along to others, thanks! For those who may not have a heat gun I'm sure a hairdrier if available would probably do the same. Even with the plastic clips heated believe I'd still be supporting the back of the adjusters when installing since have seen others break them like the one I broke.

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.