New Head Unit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New Head Unit

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 12-10-2005, 02:37 PM   #1
Wynne
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New Head Unit

I was thinking of getting a new cd player for my jeep...i have a 2000 limited and was wondering if a new cd player would interfere with the stock system since it has the amp under the back seat...thanks for your help.

Unread 12-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

It'll work just fine. You'll most likely lose your steering wheel controls unless you get adapaters for that.
Unread 12-10-2005, 05:09 PM   #3
Redsand
1998 ZJ 

i think most headunits will bypass the stock amp. so you really dont have to worry about it.

The internal amps in new HUs are better then the stock amp for the most part so its no big deal.
Redsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2005, 05:34 PM   #4
JeremyBelnap

yea you'll deff lose the steering wheel controls w/o a adapter for it...you can find them around the internet, but when I looked they were like 80 bucks so I pretty much stopped right there! haha. But the amp won't be a problem.

Stock infinity gold amp for sale ifinterested
JeremyBelnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2005, 08:57 PM   #5
wmm_16

You'll be fine, it won't bypass the amp, you'll just be putting more power into it. Watch your volume levels and keep the bass down a bit or you'll ruin your speakers prematurely.
K&N Filter
Alpine head unit
Firestone Destination LE's
wmm_16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.