NEW Grand Cherokee Overland Questions???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > NEW Grand Cherokee Overland Questions????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
mkwelbornjr

NEW Grand Cherokee Overland Questions????

I am considering trading my Tahoe z-71 for a new Grand Cherokee Overland. I feel the Overland is the best value as you get more for paying the same as you would if you got a Limited with all options.

I need some opinions here. Are the new Jeeps failry reliable and do they have good build quality. I had a 97 that was fine but the last generation was problematic. Hows the transmission? The HEMI? Seats? Are there any major Grand Cherokee upgrades in the near future that I may be sorry I missed out on?

Thanks!!

mkwelbornjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
nierace
2003 WJ 

Very reliable, great build quality. In my opinion it drives very similar to the new durango(Which drives like a Mercedes ML) same solid interior and ride quality. Test drive one

I would go with what ever you got the best deal on, not really much difference between the overland and some limiteds...

But most of the new generation cars are much nicer, the new Tahoe's are awesome...
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
soldierguy
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've got an early-build (October 04) WK Limited with the hemi. No reliability or safety problems. There were a couple of minor issues that have been taken care of through TSBs (poor radio reception, foglights staying on when automatic headlights are used are two that come to mind). For a complete list of TSBs/customer satisfaction notices/recalls go to wkjeeps.com and look for the TSB tab.

If you're considering downsizing in the hopes of getting better gas mileage, don't bother...the Jeep may be smaller than the Tahoe, but the gas mileage isn't better. And the Grand Cherokee isn't that great for interior space...the Tahoe has a lot more interior space.

The hemi is a great engine...powerful, smooth, responsive, and actually reasonably economical on the highway...not hard for me to get 18-21 mpg on the highway depending on speed and conditions. 18 mpg highway if I've got it loaded with people and stuff and drive like I've got a purpose, 20-21 if I'm by myself and cruise at the speed limit.

For me the WK was a good choice...nice size for me inside and out, like the power, I like how it drives, and the gas mileage doesn't bother me. I didn't want anything larger than the WK since I drive every day in horrible traffic and need something that makes me feel safe yet is still small & maneuverable enough to let me move easily through traffic, while still having enough space for me, my dog, and friends to take off for a weekend. The WK fit the bill.

2012 Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
2009 Aprilia Dorsoduro 750
2008 MV Agusta Brutale 910S
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.