new fog lights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > new fog lights?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 10-22-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
g2mike
1996 ZJ 

new fog lights?

i smashed one of my fog lights on the last wheeling trip im wondering what people have used for aftermarket?

i wouldnt mind a rediculously bright driving light as a replacement since i do alot of driving to and from the ski hill at night.

has to fit in the stock location and id like it to be rectangular and id like to just wire into the existing wiring. any ideas?

g2mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
Travis873o
1996 ZJ 

ebay has some euro style ones and you can get hid bulbs for them.
Built not Bought #170
My build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...hread-1295705/
FOR SALE: ZJ 231 bezel,
PM me if you need one.
Travis873o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #3
Travis873o
1996 ZJ 

or any aftermarket round style like Hella or KC can be wired w/ existing wires. that's how mine are.
Built not Bought #170
My build thread:
PM me if you need one.
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #4
g2mike
1996 ZJ 

ya theres tons of aftermarket round ones out there but its a little harder finding a 5.5"ish by 2.75"ish rectangular one that would fit nicely in the stock location in the bumper.

also id like to avoid china brands as i could easily just pick up another stock one from the wrecker for a couple bucks that would put out similar light..
g2mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2009, 12:59 AM   #5
Travis873o
1996 ZJ 

well i personally like the euro style...and china does seem to have a monopoly on those. lol
but the euro style would allow more light to pass through the glass (plastic).

were you thinking about hid's? that would definitely produce more light as long as you dont get too hot of a bulb.
Built not Bought #170
My build thread:
PM me if you need one.
Unread 10-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #6
PTCHBLKZJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I put some Hella 500FF's ( 55w) on mine after i rearended somebody and when i put them and figured out how bright they were all i could say was HELLA YEAH !!!!!!! ha ha ha.... but thats what i would put on it i only paid like 68 bucks including tax and they look really good at the stock location and i just used the exsiting harness so u can use the stock switch as well......just something to think about man
PTCHBLKZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.