New exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New exhaust

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 07-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #1
ZJ1716chase
1997 ZJ 

New exhaust

so i finally got the new exhaust i wanted *cheers all around and needless to say i am happy with it. this new exhaust (though not very new) was used by a friend of mine that he gave to me for 50 bucks after getting a new exhaust on his 2005 WJ. this exhaust he gave me was a Flowmaster 50 series and was only used for one year. this exhaust offers a good amount of grunt and in the cab with the windows up it is nice and quiet and only a nice little throaty hum is present. i can now mark one of my to do's off the list and get started on the next which will be getting a paint job due to the huge amount of clear coat pealing off the surface. i certainly recommend this exhaust for anyone seeking to improve the sound of the ZJ v8 if you wish to view the exhaust for yourself here is a video i made after the installment.
enjoy

Unread 07-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
josephdo
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ1716chase View Post
so i finally got the new exhaust i wanted *cheers all around and needless to say i am happy with it. this new exhaust (though not very new) was used by a friend of mine that he gave to me for 50 bucks after getting a new exhaust on his 2005 WJ. this exhaust he gave me was a Flowmaster 50 series and was only used for one year. this exhaust offers a good amount of grunt and in the cab with the windows up it is nice and quiet and only a nice little throaty hum is present. i can now mark one of my to do's off the list and get started on the next which will be getting a paint job due to the huge amount of clear coat pealing off the surface. i certainly recommend this exhaust for anyone seeking to improve the sound of the ZJ v8 if you wish to view the exhaust for yourself here is a video i made after the installment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CtW82vT-dI enjoy
congrats!!

start building on from there.

cold air intake, lift, etc.
josephdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

poor camera.. do you still have the cat and everything else stock on the system ?
Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
ZJ1716chase
1997 ZJ 

Everything else is stock with the jeep. I recently had to get a new cat cause the previous one was thrashed. Here in cali we gotta keep the cat in cause its illegal if you dont, but really the cops here cant even tell if we dont have a cat or what a cat even is. As for the camera its perfectly fine. Just a bit of dust on the lens :P
Unread 07-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
ZJ1716chase
1997 ZJ 

As for that cold air intake, im trying to develope a way to have a cold air intake that can utilize the stock air filter box. My idea would be to take the intake hose from the throttle body and leasing it to the stock air box with a correct size air filter thatll fit. The reason being why im keeping the stock air box is that i have buddy that uses a intake system with the air filter exposed in the engine compartment that could be bringing in hot air through the system giving him negative power. With the stock box hopefully it will block out engine heat and maintane positive hp gain and performance.

Tags
exhaust , flowmaster 50

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.