new battery - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > new battery

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #16
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Also check if you have the right size battery. When I got my ZJ the battery died with leaving the door open for 5 minutes. It had some little 26 group size battery (or something like that) with almost no CA's and hardly any reserve minutes. I put in a Bosch 34 group size and never had another problem with that and the 34/78 older style red top

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #17
leviharbour
1995 ZJ 

I would vote optima if you can. My grandma bought her 2000 WJ brand new off the lot, and she put in a yellowtop. The battery just died this summer, which is unheard of in Minnesota. I personally would never spend $250 on a battery though.
leviharbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
chucktownzj
1998 ZJ 

The problem with optima's is knowing how to charge them. If you run them stone dead you have to start charging them with a wet cell battery run in parallel with the optima for the first hour or so. Then switch to just charging the optima. Unless you buy a charger that is designed for a gel cel battery. I would never buy a blue top. Red and yellow are good. Sears extreme are the best IMO. As said, same as odyssey at a cheaper price.
chucktownzj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.