new battery - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > new battery

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-08-2012, 11:45 PM   #16
biebs53
1998 ZJ 

Also check if you have the right size battery. When I got my ZJ the battery died with leaving the door open for 5 minutes. It had some little 26 group size battery (or something like that) with almost no CA's and hardly any reserve minutes. I put in a Bosch 34 group size and never had another problem with that and the 34/78 older style red top

Build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/project-raven-biebs53-build-thread-1215245/[/FONT][/url][/CENTER]
biebs53 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 05:07 AM   #17
leviharbour
1995 ZJ 

I would vote optima if you can. My grandma bought her 2000 WJ brand new off the lot, and she put in a yellowtop. The battery just died this summer, which is unheard of in Minnesota. I personally would never spend $250 on a battery though.
leviharbour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
chucktownzj
1998 ZJ 

The problem with optima's is knowing how to charge them. If you run them stone dead you have to start charging them with a wet cell battery run in parallel with the optima for the first hour or so. Then switch to just charging the optima. Unless you buy a charger that is designed for a gel cel battery. I would never buy a blue top. Red and yellow are good. Sears extreme are the best IMO. As said, same as odyssey at a cheaper price.
chucktownzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
battery , dead battery

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.