*new* '96 zj ordering lift and parts help - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > *new* '96 zj ordering lift and parts help

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 04-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #46
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

image-1230152910.jpg

www.youtube.com/pharis88

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...hread-1507279/
PHARIS88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #47
dernjeep
1995 ZJ 

I just cut mine and left it at a flowmaster. Sounds good and annoys the neighbors

I wouldn't use a braket
dernjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #48
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dernjeep
I just cut mine and left it at a flowmaster. Sounds good and annoys the neighbors

I wouldn't use a braket
Yeah I'm thinking about cutting it after the muffler which I just found out is already a flow master that the PO installed. Didn't even know ha

But how risky is it getting water and mud inside and up through the exhaust?

www.youtube.com/pharis88

Unread 05-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #49
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Ordered adjustable front upper and lower control arms, now I'm sure I'll want to save another 300 or w/e for the rear Wish I ordered the arms to begin with

www.youtube.com/pharis88

Unread 05-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #50
dernjeep
1995 ZJ 

I didn't put control arms on mine I got brand new moog factory c arms a few months ago even through my work where I can get parts dirt cheap it was 300 for all new fronts.

Is it worth getting adjustable arms for the lift right away or could I hold off on that?
dernjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #51
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dernjeep View Post
I didn't put control arms on mine I got brand new moog factory c arms a few months ago even through my work where I can get parts dirt cheap it was 300 for all new fronts.

Is it worth getting adjustable arms for the lift right away or could I hold off on that?
You can hold off but I'm sitting at about 4" of lift, and my axles aren't far enough out anymore, to put the tires that I want on there.

And yeah the control arms aren't cheap, I paid $310 after shipping for adjustable front upper and lowers... I'm keeping the rear stock arms until later when I save up some more money

www.youtube.com/pharis88

Unread 05-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #52
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHARIS88 View Post
You can hold off but I'm sitting at about 4" of lift, and my axles aren't far enough out anymore, to put the tires that I want on there.

And yeah the control arms aren't cheap, I paid $310 after shipping for adjustable front upper and lowers... I'm keeping the rear stock arms until later when I save up some more money

I was looking into the same thing as you guys. Doing the 3.5" IRO lift. I'd like to go 32s but I think that rear tire might be to close to the body without longer control arms.

My question it how come the 3.5" RC and 4" Zone kits come with both front and rear fixed lower control arms with the bend, to help push that rear axle towards the center more, but if you search for them separate you can find the fixed lower fronts, but the rear fixed lowers say will only fit a 4.5" lift, I can find a fixed lower front and rear set for a 3.5" lift on a ZJ.

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
CALL TOLL FREE 866-403-3393
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.