New 95 ZJ. Need some help/advice. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > New 95 ZJ. Need some help/advice.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-03-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
Absath

New 95 ZJ. Need some help/advice.

Bought a 91 Cherokee last month, with a 4.5 rubicon express lift. Got it registered and two days later some lady(9 months pregnant and driving with a suspended license since 1991) takes a U-turn right into me and totals it.

So I just bought a 95 ZJ, stock.

I need to replace the Passenger Side front fender. Dealership wants $221 for just the metal, not installed or painted or anything. Can someone recommend a good place online to order OEM jeep parts from? There are some fenders on eBay, but I'm always leery of the fit on those.

Also, I'm going to be lifting the Jeep. I'm leaning towards another Rubicon Express. Either a 4.5 with 33" tires or a 3.5 with 31". Are there any other lifts I should be looking at?

I also want to find a place that sells those heavy duty bumper guards... like the tubing. Having some trouble sorting through the Vendor forum. Any recommendations there?

Finally, when the AC is on, at idle (fully stopped, braked) she rumbles quite a bit. Turn off the AC and it's still there, but much more subdued. Any ideas?

-Tim

Absath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #2
Absath

Nevermind about the fender... just went to a salvage yard and picked one up for $70.

-Tim
Unread 08-03-2005, 02:43 PM   #3
Phil Gerard
Former Mod

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absath
Nevermind about the fender... just went to a salvage yard and picked one up for $70.

-Tim
RE's solid - you can look at others - TeraFlex but RE's solid. When flexing the 33's may hit your new fender or control arms with the 4.5" and the 33's.
The AC I don't know - serpentine belt OK?

For bumpers do a search on this forum and you'll pull up a list of manufacturers. ARB probably #1. But there are others - Trailready, Kennesaw Mtn, Protofab, etc. Pro's and con's to each.
Good Luck and Welcome to the group!

Phil
TW DC DS; ARB Bull Bar, F&R Air Lockers; Superior Axles; Warn Winch; 4.56 gears; ACOS, Addco F&R Sw Bar, JKS Discos, Rr Track Bar & Nerfs, 249>242 Swap, Stillen rotors+Kolak pads, 3 pc. Armor, RE 4.5 Kit + 2.5"BB, Adj. UCAs&LCAs, OME SS, Bilstein 5150s, 15x8 AR Diamond Backs, 33 Truxus MTs, K&N FIPK, RE 62mm TB, Perf. Distr. 4.0L Kit, Exhaust: 2.5" Kolak exhaust FM 70: Optima Yellow, Mean Grn Alt., PIAA 520s, 540s, Kevins Rack, & TB Conversion
Phil Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #4
Absath

Guy I bought the Jeep from had all service records from the past few years. Serpentine belt was replaced in the last year or so. I'll bring it in for a checkup though.

I'm thinking maybe a 3.5" RE with 31"s will be enough for me. Mostly on-road driving. I just want the ability to take it off road, and especially during the winters around here.

-Tim
Unread 08-03-2005, 05:21 PM   #5
Woody
Retired back to Bowties

Check out my gallery. I'm at 3.5" with 31's and love it. I do want to go higher, but I need to upgrade other parts first.
Unread 08-03-2005, 05:39 PM   #6
Phil Gerard
Former Mod

1995 ZJ 

Check mine out too. I'm a 3.5" and 31's. But not for long!

Phil
TW DC DS; ARB Bull Bar, F&R Air Lockers; Superior Axles; Warn Winch; 4.56 gears; ACOS, Addco F&R Sw Bar, JKS Discos, Rr Track Bar & Nerfs, 249>242 Swap, Stillen rotors+Kolak pads, 3 pc. Armor, RE 4.5 Kit + 2.5"BB, Adj. UCAs&LCAs, OME SS, Bilstein 5150s, 15x8 AR Diamond Backs, 33 Truxus MTs, K&N FIPK, RE 62mm TB, Perf. Distr. 4.0L Kit, Exhaust: 2.5" Kolak exhaust FM 70: Optima Yellow, Mean Grn Alt., PIAA 520s, 540s, Kevins Rack, & TB Conversion
Phil Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.