Neither passenger side doors turn on interior lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Neither passenger side doors turn on interior lights

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
ismikes
1997 ZJ 

Neither passenger side doors turn on interior lights

My '97 ZJ will not turn on the interior lights nor prevent the alarm from arming as it should if either of the passenger side doors are open. Because this is effecting two doors I am thinking it unlikely to be a door pin switch problem.

ismikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
jeepyard
1993 ZJ 

I would try moving the door switch button around and see if the interior lights try to come on or flicker. These buttons on the 97 and 98's do give trouble and are mostly plastic. If you have an ohm meter you can pull the switch and see if it is working by ohming it out. Usually the wiggle test works just as well and the door jamb switches are cheap and you can get them at your local parts store. I just replaced the one on my driver front door since it was causing the same problems you described here. I would check these door switches first.
jeepyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
ismikes
1997 ZJ 

No flickers at all produced by the wiggle test. I'll get a meter and pull the switches tomorrow for the definitive test.
ismikes is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.