Neeh Help on Deciding between named brand exhaust... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Neeh Help on Deciding between named brand exhaust...

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-15-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Coledawg
2003 WJ 

Neeh Help on Deciding between named brand exhaust...

Im getting a 2000-2004 Jeep Grandcherokee 4.7L V8. I want to start to go performance first then move into the lifts and bigger tires...etc. I'm looking to get the K&N FIPK intake with a superchip. That is pretty much set in stone, but having trouple deciding if i need to upgrade exxhaust or not. I'm not interested in geting a shop or anybody bend or change any parts thats why im looking at getting like a Gibson or Magnaflow exhaust. I did some research and found that the Jeeps already have 2.5" Exhaust so is there a need to get new pipes or should I just get a good muffler because No HP or any form of power going to be gained?
Thanks,

Coledawg

Coledawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
Pbux690
1999 WJ 

If your looking at gaining HP I wouldn't suggest either. Yes you can just cut out the old muffler and strap a high performance one in there but it isn't going to do as good as getting an entire new system. From the Cat back, I would suggest talking to Kolak on Jeep Forum and he'll set you up with a nice set up. I would suggest a flowmaster super 40 or 50 and 3" piping, like I said talk to Kolak and he'll definently lead you in the right direction.
Pbux690 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
Coledawg
2003 WJ 

How do i contact KOLAK?
Coledawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

PM Kolak here on the forum.
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
-Shoey-
2003 KJ Liberty 

He has a screen name on here, or shoot him an email at Kolak@aol.com
USN Jeep Club #115
-Shoey- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
05Roadglide
2002 WJ 

In the latest issue of JP magazine, they do a bunch of different exhaust installs on a wrangler checking for ease of fit, sound , expense,...now it was a good read to get you going, i like Borla myself.
Unread 01-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #7
moparrr07
1998 ZJ 

talk to kolak

with a brand name exhaust, all your buying is the name, the exhaust per vehicle is kinda generic, get somthing made specifically for zjs not just adapted to

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.