Need some wisdom before I commit to buy! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need some wisdom before I commit to buy!

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 08-13-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

1995 ZJ 

Need some wisdom before I commit to buy!

(EDIT, changed my mind on some stuff) So i have been hunting for a while for a nice OEM head unit with the CD player, cassette and EQ for non-Infinity systems...and heck I think the Infinity head units work with the basic speakers too if I read right

Now I don't have an Infinity gold system...i just have the basic cassette player and 4 door speakers. I would like something like what I posted a little below.

2. Mine has the black and gray plug, but not the 2 pin socket, the one i pulled from the junkyard had those connectors and the 2 pin socket...I have a 2 pin wire taped to the side of the harness...what is it for, and will I need to find a head unit without this or does it matter?

3. Does anyone just have one of these I can buy cheap?

I'm a real cheapo, but I wanna keep the look and feel of my Jeep and upgrade a bit at the same time. and I'm looking for something under $40, preferrably under $30. Part numbers would be great Thank you!

zander21510 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

I have one sitting right here actually. I can figure out shipping tomorrow if you PM or post your postal code.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

1995 ZJ 

OK, i have some part numbers:

for the CD/Cassette combo with the button style I'm looking for, apparently the squared-off button style just didnt exist. I guess I could go with part numbers P04704383AE, P04704383AD, P04704383AH, P04704383AF...

No part number I could find, but finally found a picture:

I'm looking for these specific ones because of the button style, perhaps a little anal-retentive but I'm just trying to restore my jeep a certain way Thanks!
Unread 08-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #4
Derph
1994 ZJ 

Yay for CDO!!!
Derph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

stock infinity head units actually command a decent price for what they are. think i sold mine for 50 plus shipping.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
stock infinity head units actually command a decent price for what they are. think i sold mine for 50 plus shipping.
well that's surprising to me considering it's a 15ish year old head unit...i'm not looking for new...:P must have been some good stuff
Unread 08-13-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
corndogduff

I had 3 just like the first picture in my garage not too long ago, if I still had one it would be yours. The 2 prong plug is to synchronize the minute display between the headunit and the VIC.

Honestly though, ANY aftermarket stereo you can find will have better sound than one of these.
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.