need some input - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > need some input

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-10-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
Packy

need some input

I have a few issues if someone could please help me out that would be great.

1) I replaced the shocks and springs. Shocks I went with Bilstein and springs are factory. My ride is still abit on the harsh side, Im thinking the shocks need more ride height to smooth out ride. I ordered them for my GC 99 non UC same with springs.
Any ideas on what if not the shocks would be making the ride really bad.

2) I get a code 56 and code 20 on my HVAC, heat on driver side and cold on pass side. Is this the blend door or just the actuator . I called the dealer today I told him what is happening, he said the part is cheap around 60 bucks and labor is 6 hours so around 700 bucks. Does that sounds reasonable, I might be able to do it myself but, Im not sure if I want to attempt at taking the dash out.

Packy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
jcool1985

I am not sure about the shocks/ ride issue but I can help out with the blend door issue. I recently had my 2001 GC's blend doors replaced at the dealer they charged me $400 for all the doors and accurators(motors) they replaced the driver, passanger, recirculation, and mode doors and all motors. I was getting error codes 52 and 56. How I got the price so low? I called Chrysler corp. and spoke to them about the issue and had Tsb numbers in hand and a dealer estimate repair invoice which was $1,500 at my dealer. I told them about how the issue is a hazzard because the defrost does not work like it should when there broken and how widespread of a problem it is. I also told them about how I have owned 4 of there vehicles before (don't know if they cared or not). But they agreed to cover all but $400 and agreed to pay for all doors motors to get fixed. Oh yeah my GC had 71k miles at the time so it was way out of warranty. So if I were you I would give them a call and see if they will help you out too. The number is in your owners manual. Good luck!
jcool1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.