In Need Of Some Info Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > In Need Of Some Info Please

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 02-24-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
joopsjeep

In Need Of Some Info Please

i have a 99 wj w/ the 4.0 and am wondering if anyone knows if theres a company that makes a chip or programmer so i can tweak my engine ? most are for the v-8's .....also i have a set of 20 's with 274/40's and i'm needing new shocks , so im thinkin that the weight of my wheels should be about what the 4x4 you guys drive and was thinkin of using some heavier duty shocks, any ideas is gratly appreciated.....thanks

joopsjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

20's? As in 20' tow straps? 20' hi-lift handle?

If you want power out of your WJ you really picked the wrong engine. The 4.0 is good at doing what it already does and not much more. To get a noticable power gain out of it you'll need to stroke it. Google for 4.6 or 4.7L stroker kits for it.

The weight of your wheels do affect your shocks, but VERY minorly compared to weight on top of the axle. I wouldn't get new shocks based on that. MX-6 are nice (adjustable), so are Bilstein shocks.

If you're looking at getting speed/performance/handeling out of your Jeep I suggest heading over to the Speed Freaks section at www.jeepsunlimited.com
Unread 02-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
John in MA
1994 ZJ 

20" wheels? Good lord. Seriously, you'll see a bigger performance jump by losing the crap pimp jewelry than you will with any mods to the 4.0 short of stroking it. The 4.0 is a basic truck engine, nothing more.
John in MA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2007, 06:37 AM   #4
Katesdad

You might try edgeproducts.com , they dont list grands. But some of the parts will work they say.
Try streetjeeps.com they have some pavement pounders over there. Some v-8s with big numbers in HP.

http://www.wjjeeps.com/4sale/wj_for_sale.htm this is a link to kolaks email and some nice things said about him. He can hook you up with some engine mods.
Katesdad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.