Need quick trans case swap info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need quick trans case swap info

Jeep Grand Cherokee Exhaust ManifoldsJeep Cherokee Exhaust ManifoldsJeep Wrangler Exhaust Manifold

Unread 04-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #1
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

I know that I should be searching for this but the deal fell into my lap when I was at my mech getting an inspection done. He has a 95 Xj that he was tearing apart in the yard and it has the 242 case, the trans and case just sitting next to his garage door. He offered a $100 for the case and rear drive shaft from it. Is that all I would need? The shifter linkage is still connected to the case and trans so that's there. Crap I just realized that I need to grab the shifter display in the interior. : But besides that what would I need. Edit my front drive shaft is a u joint conversion from Carolina driveshaft.

Edit edit: also thinking about grabbing the hp 30 out of the front, no idea the condition or the gear set of it yet I'll look in when I go back.

Unread 04-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
mrgimble
1997 ZJ 

XJ shift indicator wont fit in a ZJ.
Unread 04-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgimble
XJ shift indicator wont fit in a ZJ.
Good to know didn't think about that, do you know of anything else I might need? I'm not going to get to do much research tonight and I'm calling and getting everything I need tomorow

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.