Need Power Steering Pulley - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need Power Steering Pulley

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
HokieZ

Need Power Steering Pulley

Well to make a long story short, wife broke down 5 hours from home, took the jeep to a garage, they put on a new power steering pump and pulley. They didn't put the pulley on all the way so it ate the serpentine belt. In my attempt to remove the pulley it actually pulled the flange off it (yeah, using the proper tool) so I need a new pump and new pulley. New pump is easy to come by.

My question: Where on earth can I buy a new pulley?

HokieZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2005, 08:23 PM   #2
josephmartins
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

You can buy with and w/o the pulley off of eBay. But I believe you can also buy it down at the local Autozone too.

Joe Martins
Milford, NH

12 Wrangler Sahara JK8 conversion, <10 miles (FOR SALE, $56,700)
01 WJ Limited, 4.7, 247, black on black, 157k miles (sold)
96 XJ Classic, 4.0, 242, black on grey, 267k miles (sold)
00 XJ Sport, 4.0, 242, fern green on grey, 76k miles (sold)
90 XJ Wagoneer, 4.0, 242, burgundy on tan, unknown mileage (sold)
97 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 249, black on black, 138k miles (wrecked 12/15/05)
98 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 249, burgundy on black, 197k miles (sold)
josephmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
HokieZ

No Luck at Autozone. I tried there, Napa, and Advance. All said they didn't carry it. I'll check e-bay but the last time I looked there weren't any.

Thanks for the help.
HokieZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #4
b_critical

I got one at dealer for $25. Had a similar problem replaced pump could not get the old pulley of with the tool either. Then bought new pulley put on new pump, but could not get the pulley all the way on like 1/4" short I stripped three bolts trying decided one of the parts is made wrong so I tried to take new pulley off got it off but after inspection it had cracks in it. So now I have to get another pulley...will it go on???? Why can't they make them with 3 bots holding it on, I guess they like the plastic?

Bill
b_critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2005, 07:11 AM   #5
Dr. Righteous
1994 ZJ 

My PS pump failed yesterday on the way home from a road trip. The entire shaft came out of the pump. Chewed up the belt. Nobody sold the pump with the pulley, had to reuse the old one. Rented the puller ($80 deposit!!) where I bought the pump. The puller kit was missing a part so I could pull it off, but couldn't press it back on. I happen to have a dead blow hammer in my tool box so I oiled the shaft up and wacked it on. It actually went on pretty easy that way. I wouldn't try it with a regular hammer, would probably damage the new pump.
'04 Durango Limited (the wife mobile)
'72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus (Resto MoPar)
Dr. Righteous is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.