In need of new bushings.. where to look? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > In need of new bushings.. where to look?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 08-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #1
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

In need of new bushings.. where to look?

Ok so I have a major DW problem on my jeep and I am almost 100% positive that it is my lower control arm bushings on the axle. They look like they got blown up by a grenade or something, so that brings me to getting new bushings. I have looked at energy suspension bushings, and thats pretty much it. What else is out there that are pretty good. Keep in mind I only need the control arm bushings and I have thought about going to a JY and getting old control arms with good bushings in them already but I figure I might as well do it right the first time and get new bushings.

Links would be nice.

EDIT: I dont know if this matters or not, but on energy suspensions website, it shows a chart for 4.0 and 5.2 engines. The axles I got were from a 5.2, so should I get 5.2 bushings or 4.0 / does it matter?

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Here are the bushings

Passenger:

Driver:

Unread 08-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
MarkoPo
2005 WK 

I would check the prices for a stealership, or an auto parts store. I don't think aftermarket bushing would last much longer than stock.
Hemi Club member #2
Bonafide Gun Guru
MarkoPo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #4
tommylee84
1994 ZJ 

I would also check you pass CA looks like the loop is bent to hell and back. I would be super careful cause once metal starts to fail/bend it just keeps wanting to fail/bend, a new CA might be in your near future.

1994 ZJ 5.2,46RH,242
tommylee84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I was looking at the CA's just now and thought to myself, maybe getting JY CA's and swapping those in. How long do stock bushings last on average?

Unread 08-16-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
newfieZJ
Jeep Collector

1995 ZJ 

Good clevite bushing can be had through Kolak at probably the best price around .

I have a set of frt lwrs , brand new from RRO that came with my jeep 2 yrs ago . They are quite beefy , non-adjustables . Slightly longer than stock IIRC (16" maybe 16.5"). $50 shipped and they are in the mail to you . They have poly bushings already . If you want express mail , that's extra .

The CA's don't look bad to me , nothing a few taps with the hammer can't cure . Look at it like this , new bushing will be easy to install with the original seal broke .
rro-control-arms-001.jpg  
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
The CA's don't look bad to me , nothing a few taps with the hammer can't cure . Look at it like this , new bushing will be easy to install with the original seal broke .
So is there anything wrong with them? I might take you up on this offer..

Unread 08-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
newfieZJ
Jeep Collector

1995 ZJ 

Absolutely nothing wrong John , I bought fixed RE lowers because I forgot I had them . Never installed . The welding is really good on them too .

I never had them up for sale , just hanging on to them . I got an even better deal , toss in $20 more to cover the weight and I have a set of RE adjustable uppers from a long arm kit that are drilled to make work with short arms , those I did use and may need new bushings , they work fine and you'll be able to tweek your pinion also .

Take your time , no hurry , but to anyone else , they aren't for sale publicly , John just happens to need a fix and has had DW since installing the lift .
Unread 08-16-2009, 05:49 PM   #9
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Its a grief to have you be doing this, too kind of you. Do you have any pictures of those RE arms? Ill probably get those too..

Unread 08-16-2009, 05:59 PM   #10
newfieZJ
Jeep Collector

1995 ZJ 

here's the uppers , they were bought off a Mod on here
ca-s-008.jpg   ca-s-010.jpg  
Unread 08-16-2009, 06:02 PM   #11
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

So do you have a bushing for that one CA?

Unread 08-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
newfieZJ
Jeep Collector

1995 ZJ 

pretty sure , I'll have to look , eating and typing right now . MMMMMM chicken , lol . 10 mins I'll shoot a PM
Unread 08-16-2009, 06:17 PM   #13
newfieZJ
Jeep Collector

1995 ZJ 

Got 2 spare kickin in the garage , I'll pop them in for you . The one in there is worn , so your getting my good spares . My hotmail is onegoodmason . Let me know through there in case I'm not on the forum

BTW , Merry Xmas

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.