Need New Ball Joints, Best Ones? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need New Ball Joints, Best Ones?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 07-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Need New Ball Joints, Best Ones?

I bought some Alloy USA HD Ball Joints and they turned out to be total garbage. Worse than my old worn out ones. So now I'm trying to find some better ones. Does everyone pretty much agree that Moog is the best or no?
Moog Part #'s: K3134T
K3161T

BCrawford64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
dbmorris99
1997 ZJ 

I have not had to replace mine on the jeep yet but will be in the new year while i am doing my lift and in the past with previous vehicles i have always used moog and never had any issues
dbmorris99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

I use XRF's and get them from ebay . Tire Warehouse I believe . 150-60 for all 4 . Fast delivery too .
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

I got the Moog Problem Solvers off RockAuto for $80.00 shipped. I will never cheap out on ball joints again. They are beefy and tightened up the steering tremendously.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #5
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

I just installed spicers, seem to be doing the job.
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
BCrawford64
1997 ZJ 

Ever since I replaced my balljoints I have lethal death wobble. I'll be going down the road at like 65, hit a small pot hole and then it would seem like the whole front axle is about to give out. You think I might need an alignment?
BCrawford64 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Just to be clear , you have checked these new ball joints and they are bad ? or just that you have DW since the install ?
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.