Need link to fix the bug that keeps readjusting my mirrors and seat. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need link to fix the bug that keeps readjusting my mirrors and seat.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!

Unread 04-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #16
Nick_S
1996 ZJ 

WOW EVAN! YOU ROCK!!! Thank you so very, very much for taking the time to provide such a humongous full and detailed set of instructions (even with photos) on how to do this. This is so much appreciated. I also hope that what you have been so very kind to share with me helps many others out there that have this same problems.

Thanks a MILLION!!! I can’t thank you enough.

Nick

Nick_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 11:28 PM   #17
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

All in a days work mano! I was bored anyway haha figured I'd do a bit of a mini write-up hope it works out for ya! Oh yeah, adjust your mirrors BEFORE you unplug the connector. Or just adjust them by hand once you've unplugged it. Otherwise, you're stuck with mirrors that are at all sorts of weird angles

Hey, what are forums for anyway?
-Evan
Unread 04-06-2013, 03:08 AM   #18
zachjf
1998 ZJ 

his seat will still randomly adjust even if the mirrors are disconnected, easiest way to stop both from happening is to just unplug the memory button connector, everything will still work but it will no longer try to adjust the seats/mirrors to a preset location and you can do the whole job in about 5 min, you dont even have to disconnect any door wiring, just reach behind the panel and unplug the memory button
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #19
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Which panel are we talking here? Door or...?
Unread 04-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #20
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

The front drivers side door panel. Loosen or remove the panel and unplug this switch:

MyKeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #21
Nick_S
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyB View Post
The front drivers side door panel. Loosen or remove the panel and unplug this switch:

MyKeyB,
thank you for providing more information on this fix. I still have not got around to working on this project, since I have been very busy working as of late, however Iím going to get my brother to help me to remove the door panel (when I have some free time), since my brother is very mechanically inclined and Iím not. Yet I was just wondering, if I unplug the switch (as shown in you photo), will I still have power to use the power buttons to adjust my side mirrors and seat? As Iím only ďguessingĒ that by unplugging that switch, it just stops the automatic memory adjustments AND does not cut the power to use the electric adjustment buttons for the mirrors and seats?

Nick
Unread 04-10-2013, 01:42 AM   #22
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Yep. The seats and mirrors will still work. Only thing you lose is the memory function.
MyKeyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #23
Nick_S
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Yep. The seats and mirrors will still work. Only thing you lose is the memory function.
Thank you very much, MyKeyB. I appreciate your help.

Nick
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:16 PM   #24
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

No problem. If it weren't for the others here I would of had no idea how to fix it myself.
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #25
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
No problem. If it weren't for the others here I would of had no idea how to fix it myself.
Haha I just did the memory delete myself!
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #26
farmr550
1998 ZJ 

Success?

I wanted to know if it worked for you? I would also like to know if that kills the electric adjustment to the mirrors. Meaning do I have to adjust them manually if my wife drive the jeep? Thanks.

Now I see the things I missed, great thread, really helped me a lot!!!

Last edited by farmr550; 04-12-2013 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: loaded rest of post
farmr550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 12:17 AM   #27
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmr550 View Post
I wanted to know if it worked for you? I would also like to know if that kills the electric adjustment to the mirrors. Meaning do I have to adjust them manually if my wife drive the jeep? Thanks.

Now I see the things I missed, great thread, really helped me a lot!!!
If you haven't already answered your own qhestion, then yes, it worked like a charm! I was worried about it killing the electric adjustments too, but no, they still work. I just don't get the annoying ghost-adjustments that happened every time I unlocked the vehicle haha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.