Need input on '96 JGC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need input on '96 JGC

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #1
rfd499
1996 ZJ 

Need input on '96 JGC

I am new to this board and would like to give a little info on what I have and my plans and would like some feedback. I have a '96 Grand Cherokee Ltd. with a 5.2L and it has 187,000 miles on it. I purchased it in '97 with 45k miles on it. It has been a very dependable Jeep and the only things I have done to it are the regular 3,000 mile services, brakes, water pump, radiator, A/C evaporator, and a couple tune-ups. I am thinking of doing some things to help the looks of my jeep as well as the handling. I am considering the BB and 31x10.50-15 tires and wheels. Replacing the control arm bushings, sway bar bushing, and any other suspension piece that is in need of replacing. If you have a reccomendation on what to do or what parts to use please post. Thanks and i have found some good info. here. Thanks!

rfd499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

a BB and 31x10.50R15s are a good start. Add shocks to that list, you probably need 'em anyway.
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #3
SET2JET

on the right track http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/ take a look here
SET2JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #4
rfd499
1996 ZJ 

Thanks for the replies. I forgot that I replaced the shocks last year. What BB do most people use? Any better than others? I was also reading here that I can take my front springs out and put them in the rear and buy some springs for the front that will give me 3" of lift. Is that a better way to go?
rfd499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 11:52 AM   #5
SET2JET

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfd499
Thanks for the replies. I forgot that I replaced the shocks last year. What BB do most people use? Any better than others? I was also reading here that I can take my front springs out and put them in the rear and buy some springs for the front that will give me 3" of lift. Is that a better way to go?

the BB is cheaper and your new shocks would work for awhile as for the f>r swap i have personally done this to my zj and you will need to buy more parts i probably bought more odds and ends stuff that i could have gotten away without and i should have spent my money toward stuff that i needed first
SET2JET is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.