Need Ideas For Custom Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need Ideas For Custom Bumper

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 08-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
rumblebee1

Need Ideas For Custom Bumper

I JUST LOST MY BUMPER CUZ OF A ROCK LOL So was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to make a custom bumper? and also if anyone has removed the body molding on the bottom of the door? was wondering how it would look. then just running a piece of diamond plate across the bottom rocker panel. btw its a 93 zj laredo

thanks in advance,
jeff

rumblebee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
ZJTechie
1997 ZJ 

You may wish to try a search for this kind of thread, there are MANY threads on bumper builds and cladding(the "door molding") removal.

My current JEEP score: 205 (see site below)
http://jeepboard.com/jeeprate.htm
ZJTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

To be brutally honest here, if you don't know how to make a custom bumper and have to ask a forum you will have a very hard time. Do you have a welder, a way to cut plate steel or bend tube, know how to weld?
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
footinmouth47
1998 ZJ 

like ZJTechie said there are alot out there but here is what I made.
front

rear

Im guessing you have some experience or know someone who does in order to undergo something like this. when I made mine I wasnt a pro so it took forever but they look good and are very funtional. I had a great time making them, and few people can say they designed and made the custom bumpers on their rigs. so go for it and have fun.
Greg

Built not Bought member #247

SOLD:( new DD- 04 polaris sportsman
footinmouth47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.