need help quick - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > need help quick

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
paulrevere1991

need help quick

Jeeps been sitting for a couple of months, so i switched out batterys to start it, all that happens now is the starter motor spins without turning the engine, did i burn out a relay or something, i need to move it today.

Thanks in advance
Paul

paulrevere1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
azgrandjeeper
1998 ZJ 

I would look at the fuses under the hood. Check all the smaller ones first. There are a couple that could be blown and causing it not to spark
azgrandjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
e30nate
1996 ZJ 

whack the starter a few times with a big wrench or a hammer. whe pinion isnt going out to reach the ring gear. happens most common when something sits for a while.
e30nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
paulrevere1991

Turns out I had the battery polarity reversed. The jeep did not short out, it just killed the battery. Replaced the battery and all is well. Thx for the suggetions
paulrevere1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.