Need help with mounting light bar! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help with mounting light bar!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
JeepMontana18
1998 ZJ 

Need help with mounting light bar!

I bought a 41.25" light bar and it is the perfect length for the front of the roof on my zj, but the curvature on the roof does not match the flat mounting brackets that the light bar came with. So i'm worried that the holes i screwed to mount the bar would get bored out from any movement of the light bar since it isn't completely secure. Does anybody know of any solutions or different mounting brackets? Or do you think the light bar will stay in place with just half of the "bracket" touching? Thanks.

JeepMontana18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
congerz83
1996 ZJ 

Post some pics of the setup so we can get a better idea...
congerz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
JeepMontana18
1998 ZJ 

I'll post some pictures either tomorrow or saturday
JeepMontana18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.