-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (
-   -   Need help on identifying the 2 parts that are crossed out (

tacozappy 07-21-2013 10:40 PM

Need help on identifying the 2 parts that are crossed out
I went over to Chrysler to pick up some parts for my grand cherokee laredo inline 6 4.0 liter, but refused to let me buy the 2 parts unless if i bought the radiator along with it. There are two parts 12 and 6(crossed out) i need to know whats the technical term for those parts specifically and where i can buy them.
Thank you. Here is the picture of the diagram.

AVR2 07-22-2013 01:53 AM

30 Attachment(s)
According to the 1997 ZJ parts catalog, part 12 is "TUBE, oil cooler, serviced with radiator only", and there is no Mopar part number listed. Part 6 is listed as "CLIP, not serviced" (again, no part number).

Why would they not sell part 12 separately? Is it integrated into the radiator and not removeable?

tacozappy 07-22-2013 02:20 AM

I have no clue that's why i want to see if i can buy it elsewhere or see if i can get a good look at what it should look like and build my own if possible.:confused:

AVR2 07-22-2013 02:32 AM

30 Attachment(s)
If you already have a 97 4.0L, why not take a look at the rad and see what's going on?

EDIT - I've done a quick bit of investigation and I think you'll probably find that if you have an OEM rad, that tube is integrated into the rad construction and not removeable. But check out your existing one first.

tacozappy 07-22-2013 03:04 AM

actually i have replaced the radiator with a non-oem radiator

AVR2 07-22-2013 03:20 AM

30 Attachment(s)
Aha... light dawns. I replaced my OEM rad with one from Radiator Express, and that lower tube came supplied as a screw-in fitting. In fact it came with two lower tubes, one straight and one with a bend in it.

So why do you need that part, out of interest? Are you installing the non-OEM rad and it came without the lower tube? In any event, what you need to ask for is a transmission cooler low-pressure line fitting. I'm told that parts stores in the US commonly carry a selection of them for use on aftermarket rads, or you can ask at a plumbing or hydraulics shop. It may be trial and error to find the exact one you need though.

tacozappy 07-22-2013 12:26 PM

actually yes my radiator did come with a few of those fittings, so would all i have to do is just use one of those fittings and just connect each side and if so which fitting do i need to use?

AVR2 07-22-2013 02:18 PM

30 Attachment(s)
On my 93, the lower cooler hose just slides over the tube and is fastened with a hose clamp. The 97 might be different, I don't know. You'll have to take a look at the end of your hose and work out from that which fitting you need.

tacozappy 07-22-2013 02:28 PM

alright, sounds good.:2thumbsup:

zjosh93 07-22-2013 02:42 PM

My 93 has quick connect fittings as shown in the picture. They started leaking so I just cut the factory crimps and ran a piece of hose. It's pretty hard to push hose over the ridge for the quick connect but it does fit.

As mentioned above my factory radiator had those tubes as part of the radiator and the aftermarket one has them separate.

I'd love to still have the quick connects but no one sells them other than expensive AN fittings.

The time now is 09:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.