Need help finding new lower rear control arms - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help finding new lower rear control arms

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 06-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
eshew
1993 ZJ 

Need help finding new lower rear control arms

So here is the situation. My 93 zj has some RE 3.5" rear springs and 15 year old procomp rear lower control arms with bushings that wear out every few years. I've used up all the replacement bushings I can find and am on the hunt for new more reliable rear control arms. The jeep gets taken on a yearly trip wheeling but Is a pavement pounder and my daily driver for the rest of the year. Does anyone have any recommendations on which rear lowers to buy? The need to have bushings that'll last on pavement with an Aussie locker which seems to stress the bushings a bit more than an unlocked rear. Thanks in advance!

eshew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
lil_joe
1997 ZJ 

Get with Kolak

Kolak@aol.com I just ordered a pair of front lowers from him
--[.]IIIII[.]
Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated
HER's: 92 YJ 4" RC 1.5 RC Booms, 1" BL on 33's
MINE's: 97 ZJ 5.2 Upcountry Limited Project 2" RE BB on 265/75 Mud Dogs, Locked front LSD rear, 242 swapped T-Case, RC Quick Disco's
www.virtualjeepclub.com/
lil_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

IRO should be sufficient. bu tno guarantees those bushings aren't eaten away in a few years either...... something about the lifts and lockers just eat bushings?

RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
eshew
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_joe View Post
Get with Kolak

Kolak@aol.com I just ordered a pair of front lowers from him
Thanks for the advice lil joe! It's been about a decade since I made my 1st purchase through Kolak & I can't believe he slipped my mind.

I did contact him today and it looks like I'll be going with the Iron Rock rear adjustable lowers. Looks like they use the same huge rubber bushings similar if not the same as the stock arms. That should provide the durability I'm after. The Poly bushings in my old arms just deform over a short amount of time and lead to significant movement, popping and all sorts of trouble.

I can't wait to get these babies installed, looks like they'll match my JKS & Kevins track bars perfectly!

Thanks again guys, always a wealth of knowledge!
eshew is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.