Need help finding new exhaust sound - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help finding new exhaust sound

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
20JeepGuy06
1995 ZJ 

Need help finding new exhaust sound

So I have a hole in my stock muffler on my 95 with the 318. My buddy told me to buy a Purple Horney because they are relatively cheap and sound deep and aggressive. Does anybody have these on their ZJ's, or are there any clips on the internet of this specific application. I just don't want to put it on and find out that its not what I am looking for. Thanks for the help!

Unread 09-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
ef1992
2001 WJ 

Go with flowmaster super 44, most aggressive they make.

summitracing.com has them at 80 bucks a pop, dirt cheap.

get a magna flow high flow cat

have kolak hook you up with a 3" exhaust

get it installed

garunteed youll love it, the power increase rapes also

thats the set up i have, but i need to get the cat installed still, nobody in CA will install them because they say they are illegal, but it WILL pass smog easily. its just not in the spirit of the new law, but techincally it is legal.
Unread 09-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Jeeeeepster
1997 ZJ 

ive got the flomaster 40 series and the magnaflow high flow cat .. it sure does rumble ... the purple horney doesnt really have a good sound to it.
Jeeeeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
WiCkeDuDe
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

I have the Flowmaster Delta Flow 40 and I love it. Its not too loud inside and outside but it definetly is aggressive and has that v8 burble to it. You can tell its surely not stock.
WiCkeDuDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
Redbob
2004 WJ 

If you like loud and obnoxious, by all means go with the Purple Honey; it'll impress all the pimply-faced teenagers in the neighborhood - the boys, that is...
Redbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.