Need help fast! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help fast!

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-19-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
JeeperV8
1996 ZJ 

Need help fast!

Ok the rear license plate lights on the zj just bought do not work. I opened took the hatch cover off and found all the plugs where unplugged, when I plugged then in the plate lights worked but only with the lights off and the rear wiper motor started to wine. Is there a relay in the wiper that controls the lights?

JeeperV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #2
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

I don't remember there being any wires common between the plate lights and wiper motor on my '94. I would check the hatch wiring harness where it enters the chassis and see if any wires have frayed/shorted there.
Unread 07-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #3
JeeperV8
1996 ZJ 

Ok I'll start there thanks
JeeperV8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.