Need help fast! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help fast!

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 07-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
JeeperV8
1996 ZJ 

Need help fast!

Ok the rear license plate lights on the zj just bought do not work. I opened took the hatch cover off and found all the plugs where unplugged, when I plugged then in the plate lights worked but only with the lights off and the rear wiper motor started to wine. Is there a relay in the wiper that controls the lights?

JeeperV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
CatSplat
Derp.

1994 ZJ 

I don't remember there being any wires common between the plate lights and wiper motor on my '94. I would check the hatch wiring harness where it enters the chassis and see if any wires have frayed/shorted there.
Unread 07-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
JeeperV8
1996 ZJ 

Ok I'll start there thanks
JeeperV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.