need help diagnosing my DW - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > need help diagnosing my DW

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #1
Derek33
1997 ZJ 

need help diagnosing my DW

My DW occured after i first installed longer LCA's.

I thought it was a coincidence and was my left ball joint because i knew it was going bad.

the DW occurs only when my left front tire hits a decent sized bump. nothing occurs when both tires hit a big bump, or the right front tire hits a big bump, and not at any specific speed. only with the drivers front tire.

my ball joints are new, the CA bolts are tight,.

what could cause DW only on one side of the jeep?

Derek33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
04WJfreedom
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just started having the same problem but only when both my tires hit a good bump my wheel shakes hard from side to side for a few seconds.
4:88 Yukon gears
KOR Drive shafts
04WJfreedom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2007, 04:30 PM   #3
Derek33
1997 ZJ 

some more info.

my left front wheel was sitting at an angle (like it would with a bad ball joint)

i put new ball joints in the left and right today, and the left tire still sits at an angle.

would it be a bad wheel bearing?
Unread 08-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
Trailzj

Jack the left front wheel off the ground and check for play. Do you know if your toe is aligned?
Function before fashion
Trailzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2007, 04:37 PM   #5
Derek33
1997 ZJ 

no play, my toe should be aligned decently.
Unread 08-22-2007, 06:10 PM   #6
Derek33
1997 ZJ 

i have a feeling that the reason my left wheel is angled outwords even after new ball joints may be the reason for the DW
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #7
MotoX5874
1996 ZJ 

check your tie rod ends on the driver side?. if your toe is off on the one tire that could cause dw, maybe think about getting your alignment checked out
[url]www.ironrockoffroad.com[/url]
[url]www.kevinsoffroad.com[/url]
[email]kolak@kolakperformance.com[/email]
MotoX5874 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #8
Derek33
1997 ZJ 

that would make sense, i havent gotten a legit alignment since i installed the rustys tie rod conversion. although ive had that installed and didnt have dw for a while untill i got the new arms

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.